. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi Jay,

I think from all I have read I will be going down the Eagle 3 route just for ease and also backup.

Thank you so much for all your help though it really has pointed me in what I think is the right direction.

Thanks

Phillip

No problem, Phillip.

I wasn't trying to stear you in one direction or the other. Glad you found my info useful in coming to a decision. I very nearly went for an Eagle...

I definately think that the Vectric software is very good. I am using VCarvePro and love it. Cut2D will probably be good as well.

Let us know how it goes!

Jay
    Last edited by JayPunchbuggy; 16-04-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPunchbuggy View Post
    No problem, Phillip.

I wasn't trying to stear you in one direction or the other. Glad you found my info useful in coming to a decision. I very nearly went for an Eagle...

I definately think that the Vectric software is very good. I am using VCarvePro and love it. Cut2D will probably be good as well.

Let us know how it goes!

Jay
    I looked at both vcarve pro & cut2d & both looked to be very user friendly which when you hate having to learn new software as much as I do is a good selling point. vcarve pro is obviously a much more complete package & if I had needed some sort of cad software then that would probably have been my choice. As it is I already had & was familiar with other vector based software so only really needed something to generate the toolpaths.
    The other thing I liked about vetric was that having bought cut2d if in the future I decided I wanted to upgrade to say vcarve pro I got a discount that was almost equal to what I paid for cut2d.

Main differences in VCP and Cut 2D is VCP has more features including V carving, nesting and the ability to use multiple tools.
    It also had more CAD features but neither in my opinion have what i call decent CAD capabilities.

That in itself is no problem as there are loads of good and free 2D cad programs out there.
    John S -

John are there any features that VCP has that make it worth having over Cut2D if nesting isn't a feature that bothers you & you don't have an ATC ?

I've got software for producing 2D vectors, not a CAD package but arty farty software as you called it lol. I opted for cut2d as all I thought I would really need is something to generate the toolpaths. Still all new to me so just wondering if I was missing something.

Main thing is the vee carving.
    Cut2D leaves radii in the corners equal to 1/2 the cutter diameter.
    VCP uses a vee tool and lifts it in the corners to make it appear to be sharp cornered.
    If all you are doing are signs for big birds bedroom door cur 2D is fine.
    If you want small detailed work you need VCP.
    John S -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information