Hi John,

I had read the info as a 800 watt with RPM of 8000 - 24000 but could be wrong ( Redsail,Cutting Plotter,Vinyl plotter,Vinyl cutter).

I have no idea what board is fitted inside and will have to ask, but I did make it clear to the guy it would have 6 hours use a day every day and he assures me that it will cope with the job and tells me the spindle has a 6 month guarantee however after reading Philly's comment its hard to say how good that guarantee would be.

Really not sure which way to go, as I could do with an "out of the box" complete system that works and needs little or no modification.

When I looked at the 6040 I was also a bit put of by the fact some people said they suddenly got import duty to pay on top. If I did go down this route, what control box and where from? I take it the control box works the x,y,z motors and if so are the ones that come with the 6040's that bad and why? (sorry as I say I have no experience).

I have at the most a week to sort this out because in about a two weeks I need to be using a cnc (I have experience of cad so hopefully not to steep a learning curve)

Many Thanks

Phillip