. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi there,
    We're the team behind Bearing Station - I work on the web side of things, and Phil and Nev (who should be registering for the forum right now) are the guys who set up the business and between them have around 40 years worth of experience with bearings, belts, seals and a bucket-load of other technical things that I don't really understand because I'm the computer guy.

Anyway - The reason for this thread is explained over here.

Basically, I thought it might be of interest for the guys to answer any questions mycncuk users might have about the various products they supply. Jonathan has already suggested a "service to bore their HTD timing pulleys and add grubscrews" so hopefully Phil can address that once he's logged in!

So - please ask anything you like and we'll do our best to answer.
    Thanks,
    Mark

edit: looks like we need their first posts to be approved by mods, so they should appear after that...
    Last edited by Mark Proctor; 19-04-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Hello

Quick introduction my name is Phil. I have been involved with advising and selling of bearing, belts, pulleys adhesives and pretty much most things industrial mechanical for over 20 years. I am offering my service to anyone who has any queries with selecting of pulleys, belts bearings and hopefully I can help.

Re boring of pulleys sprockets etc. we can offer a boring service for you which we can price on application. Sometimes boreing isnt necessary if you can accept taper lock bushes in a taper lock pulley. If you heavent heard of these it is simply a pulley that has been machined to accomadate a bush that you can attach to a shaft with a keyway negating the need for boreing the pulley or sprocket

Anyway drop me a note if any help required

Phil

Welcome to the forum Phil, sure there will be lots of questions you get asked directly or that you will be able to answer if someone puts up a general thread regarding some of the work you do.

welcome to the site lads

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    welcome to the site lads
    Thank you. If you do have questions go easy on me . Im a newb to this

Easy question to start with Phil........ Should we prepare for a BBQ summer?

Welcome to the forum btw.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post
    Easy question to start with Phil........ Should we prepare for a BBQ summer?

Welcome to the forum btw.

Andy
    Hmmm . Yes you should always be prepared . Buy the meat now deep freeze . I always ensure I have beer available for those hastily arranged bbqs

Welcome Bearingstation I was wondering if you could shed any light on the answer to life the universe and everything?

Alternatively do you recommend gluing aluminium pulley to the shafts of stepper motors with strong loctite?
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 21-04-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    Welcome Bearingstation I was wondering if you could shed any light on the answer to life the universe and everything?

Alternatively do you recommend gluing aluminium pulley to the shafts of stepper motors with strong loctite?
    Hello. If you were going to use an adhesive i would recommend Bondloc B415X20GRM which is the same as loctite only cheaper. Normally you would also have a grub screw with the shaft nipped to locate the pulley to ensure a secure grip. The only other thing to consider is the speed and temperature which could have an effect on any bond. I have attached a data sheet or linked anyway for you to check out the adhesive Bondloc manufacturer of Industrial Adhesives and Sealants

Meaning of life easy. Its 42.

Phil

Hi I've registered in this forum in desperation - my problem is that I have been waiting for several weeks for a refund of £51.04 which I paid on the 2 November . See order No. 7398 which I cancelled by phone and confirmed this by email on 15 November.

I can't get seem to get any response to emails, and my attempts to progress the refund via phone calls (to Neville) have not borne fruit!

Please can whoever reads this expedite the refund?

Thanks
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Proctor View Post
    Hi there,
    We're the team behind Bearing Station - I work on the web side of things, and Phil and Nev (who should be registering for the forum right now) are the guys who set up the business and between them have around 40 years worth of experience with bearings, belts, seals and a bucket-load of other technical things that I don't really understand because I'm the computer guy.

Anyway - The reason for this thread is explained over here.

Basically, I thought it might be of interest for the guys to answer any questions mycncuk users might have about the various products they supply. Jonathan has already suggested a "service to bore their HTD timing pulleys and add grubscrews" so hopefully Phil can address that once he's logged in!

So - please ask anything you like and we'll do our best to answer.
    Thanks,
    Mark

edit: looks like we need their first posts to be approved by mods, so they should appear after that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information