. .
  1. Hi...I am trying to set up the Proma THC unit on my home built plasma CNC. It works in test mode and also if I emulate it with keystrokes but will not work when actually cutting!

I am using a licensed version of Sheetcam but only a demo version of Mach3 as 500 lines of code is plenty for my current needs.

I read that THC is disabled in the Demo version of Mach3 so is this my problem..even though it works in test and simulated?

Be grateful for any help on this....

cheers Gerry Moore

Quote Originally Posted by gerrymoore View Post
    I read that THC is disabled in the Demo version of Mach3 so is this my problem
    Indeed it is - what you read is correct.

Ian

3. Thanks for the quick reply Ian...at least I know what's wrong now!!

No worries Gerry. If you'd bought one of MY THCs I'd have advised you of that before you coughed up your hard-earned

That said Mach3 is dirt cheap for what it does - go on - treat yourself.

Ian

5. OK..bought Mach3 and THC now working...although needs some playing with to get it right!

Quick question...is there an easy way to turn off THC when cutting small circular holes n a piece??...I need to cut a lot of 5mm dia. holes in 3mm steel and it's bobbing up and down and the holes turn out oval:-(

Quick answer... yes. You'll need to get acquainted with your scam post and with mach macros. However it's all been done before in a variety of ways so a quick google will give you more info.
    "Small" hole cutting in plasma is quite a topic in its own right so you'll probably want to read up on other things you can do to improve their quality. (A lot depends on your machine's rigidity and accel capabilities and of course just HOW good you need your small holes to be).

Ian

7. Thanks Ian...nothing seems to be easy with CNC...starting to wonder whether it's worth all the effort (and expense) :-0

Ah but doesn't that frosty beer taste so much better when you've grafted for it?

Thread Information