. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in CHAMBERY, France. Last Activity: 23-02-2016 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Hi
    This is a new setup, Sanyo Denki stepper motors, Kinco 2M2280N high voltage drivers with a PMDX 126
    bob.I have a big problem with it. I cant run mach3 with it because I have 30 to 70 ACV on the stepper motor casings. Tested the stepper motors, there are no leaks. Dont know what to do, cheacked the wiring its ok. Thinking about changing the drives? or the lot
    Thanks for any help

David

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Have you got everything grounded correctly?

Lives in CHAMBERY, France. Last Activity: 23-02-2016 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Everything is grounded correctly but the noise is playing havoc with mach3

Forgot to say I have the 70V when I take the earth of the motors, so where is it coming from. The only electical thing on the machine are the motors,

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Sounds like an earthing/sheilding issue, and as you're using 5V for signals, any shortcomings will quickly become apparent. That's why commericial machines use 24V for control circuits.

The 70V is simply a result of what happens when you place a lump of metal next to something containing magnets and voltage.
    In you're wiring, have you inadvertantly created a ground loop somewhere?

With just one driver conected the problem is stil there.
    The high voltage side is wired correctly and control is
    The negative side of each PLS and DIR input to BOB ground
    PLS+ to step
    DIR+ to direction
    Getting ready to throw every thing out and get a closed loop stepper system

Back to basics, have you used sheilded wiring, and tried to keep power and control wire routing as seperate as possible?
    And avoided having them run randomly across each other?

Sheilded wiring and power, control wires are seperate,a clean control box

Make sure your shields are only connected at one end of the cable?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I did have a link to a document that detailed grounding/sheilding, and how things should be wired, but I can't find it.

Have a read over this thread - GROUNDING - what is the correct way to ground a CNC machine?

Found it - http://www.automation.siemens.com/do.../emv_r.pdf?p=1
    Might take you a few reads to digest all the info, but explains things pretty well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information