. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in CHAMBERY, France. Last Activity: 23-02-2016 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Shields are only connected at one end of the cable and the earth is connected to the mains earth.
    Thanks for the doc

Lives in CHAMBERY, France. Last Activity: 23-02-2016 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Ok, ripped every thing out of my control box and tested the drivers.
    I have 100VAC on the earth and 230V on R+ of the motor connection.( the 3 drives)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Is that with the earth connected?
    If it is, I'd be checking the earth on the socket you're using to power it.

No just the P&N.
    Im taking the measurement from the mains earth to the earth pin on the driver
    Last edited by djk; 26-04-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Unless the case is grounded, you will nearly always get some kind of voltage reading between the case and ground. If you put any bit of metal near something that is either switching power or containing an active inductor, and you will get power generated in that bit of metal.

The case has to be properly grounded to ensure that power is dealt with safely, and to minimise noise transmission.
    All grounds should come back to a central star point, and only be connected at one end to prevent ground loops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information