. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swarfing,
    Don't think it's that as wrong address means it doesn't talk full stop.
    I'm concerned by the statement you sometimes have to click on X first to get y to work ?

Stick a pen in the spindle and run this program.

G21
    F300
    X0.0 Y0.0
    G01 Y50.0
    X50.0
    Y0.0
    X0.0
    %
    Does it draw a square 50 mm square ?
    Last edited by John S; 01-05-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    John S -

Sorry John i totally missed the first part of the thread by a mile?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Ok read it properly now, John i agree with your concerns. Sounds more like signals are breaking down or not getting through. Back to basics do you have another PP cable to try? If Johns routine does not work. If a new cable does not work the bob voltages needs checking. DON'T UNPLUG any of the cables whilst machine is running though.
    Last edited by Swarfing; 02-05-2013 at 12:04 AM.

PCI Card

Toolpath not cutting

-----------------------------
    Last edited by stirling; 02-05-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Ahh! he mentions a new cable.

Ok reading the rest of the threads it really does seem like it is all down to ports and pins. So he has all the answers just needs to stop and listen.

Hi Martin,

The port is EC00 and I deleted all the other ports and its down as lpt2

Well reading the post over on Mach where he said it was port EC07 I now wondering if we are getting all the correct information.

Now this isn't aimed just at Phizell but in general.

I do phone and web support for two makers of CNC machines and the hardest problem we get is the user doesn't not read the questions correctly and give the correct answers as many times they are off doing what they think is right.

Recently I asked one customer if Mach was talking to the computer ie move the jog keys and the display updating.
    Was assured it was so moved on to why the computer wasn't talking to the machine. After literally hours of work turns out that Mach wasn't talking to the computer, the display was NOT updating [ some weird corporate version of XP ] and with a simple no frills computer it all worked OK.

Much as I hate bullet listing I give them out and insist they go thru and give me back the results, not just one or two the whole list or we don't move on.
    John S -

Music to my ears John - well said.

Ian

Hi John,

Totally agree, its hard to get the right info especially when people are new to software.

You are right I originally could not get mach 3 to except any of the ports I was putting into the config, I then un-installed mach3 and then it excepted EC07.......I then (still trying to sort out the same problem) un-installed mach 3 again, un-installed the PCI card and re loaded the lot and amazingly it excepted the EC00. The problem with all of this is not being able to tell if I have been sold a duff, I have hardware issues (but with two different computers doing the same) or its me.

In order to try and sort this out I have spent nearly a week, installing, un-installing and buying new hardware spending hours on forums reading and watching videos on a daily basis and I am still no further forward but considerably out of pocket with I think the only option to return the machine.

The jog keys work intermittently, that is to say not every time you click on them, they work. You can get them to work by hitting a different direction and then coming back to the one you want and it will then trigger it (the x,y,z coordinates on the screen always move) this is true of the keyboard or the on screen keys.

Hope this helps

Phillip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information