. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. generally when working with Eagle I try to avoid specific parts for passive components unless there is a good reason. for resistors i generally use the library template for a generic 1/4w metal film which gives a suitable hole spacing. otherwise you can waste hours trying to match manufacturers parts to the library....

when i first started with eagle I used to search for hours trying to find the right library part....being of a lazy ilk - rather than face the time consuming effort that creating n Eagle part from scratch is - it occurred to me, there are only so many tranny/IC/passive packages in exsitence, so there's likely to be an eagle part for a totally different named part out there that fits the need.

That first part you mention....Recom R-788 0-1.0 ...from the datasheet, it's a regulator with 0.1" pitch leg spacing? So I googled the most common regulator on the planet a 780x regulator...and sure enough it's 0.1" pitch & has the same pin layout (pin 1 in, pin 2 ground, pin 3 output)....so you can be lazy too & just use a 7809 on your schem! (you might want to double check my lightning googling research on this ...can't be held responsible for your pcb not working blah blah!)
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 06-05-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information