. .
    Hey guys, I have uploaded a quick video showing the issue.

The issue I am having is when I try and snap near a circle, there is a gap between the circle and the line I am drawing.

What really odd is when it is 'snapping' the snap isn't actually on the circle but hovers away from it!

When I do the same thing next to a square or a straight line there is no problem.

I tried REGEN and REGEN all this did no help unfortunatley.

I hope the small video is clear enough to explain the issue and I really hope someone can help me.

Please accept my appologies for the poor quality of the video

Autodesk 2013, Help with Osnap to a circle. - YouTube

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Have you checked the settings in osnap I only have autocad 2004 and the tabs are along the bottom you have to right click on them to get to settings also you might have grid snap on hope this helps ..Clive

Have a look at this, I posted here too - May help to explain a little better.

Major issue with snapping to circles. - Autodesk Discussion Groups

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I'me sorry I could not open that file in my copy of autocad but perhaps could with a dxf file. ...Clive

hei'ya craigrobbo, l'm a bit late to the party, but have a look in the dwg attach. - kelef
    Attached Files Attached Files

Location unknown. Gregbeeker Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Your osnape is working correctly, what I believe is happing is that you are seeing a gap in the segments of the circle. The circle is displayed in straight line segments.
    I hope this helps.
    Greg

Location unknown. Gregbeeker Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Your osnap maybe ok, the circle is drawn in segments, copy the circle on top of itself and rotate it 30 degrees , then zoom in.
    Greg

hi, new to this forum, just watched the video and it looks like you should regen drawing in the edit menu. When zoomed in that far and it will appear round again. As others have said it is segmenting into straight lines and your snap is actually in the right place

I think this guy might have worked it out by now as the post is about 7 months old. ..Clive

Thread Information