. .
    Hi guys , thought I’d share , I have found this site iteadstudio I found a few youtube reviews and all in all if you are will to wait 3 weeks you can have 50 @ 10cm x 10cm fully manufactured PCB for around £1.60 each or express delivery for about £2. Not tried them but they also do 20’s and I might give it a go when I have something worth making.
    There may be better deals I couldnt find any but open to ideas.

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    therearefarnettersitesoutthere
    Last edited by m_c; 20-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.

3. I use one or other of these pretty much every month, had at least a dozen designs through them in the last year.
    Not much to choose between them, my choice tends to depend on if there's any other items I' buying from their site.

HERE's one I made earlier.

Well im glad you two have used them before and not saying they are crap. So with that in mind thanks I will give one of them a go.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I used Quick-Teck PCB, they seem to be the best price I could find and the quality is great.

One of mine here

Last edited by Tenson; 02-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tenson For This Useful Post:

Five, everyone actually

A friend of mine Jayson Tautic use's www.batchpcb.com or used to, he's got a little review on his website for them you may like to read, here is a quote:
    I’ve been using batchpcb.com for a while now, and have been truly impressed with their services. Yes, getting boards back takes a while, but I’ve yet to find any other source for getting professional prototype pc boards with solder mask and silkscreen for a competitive price.
    I'm trying to find his post about the PCB's he use's now, the purple ones. The way they are made is a few people send in their pcb designs and then once they have enough to fill a sheet the order is sent in and everyone gets their pcb's made at the same time, so like a group buy kind of thing.

EDIT: Just found the link i was looking for: OSH Park ~ Welcome

This is a community printed circuit board (PCB) order. We take designs from lots of people, put them all together on a panel and then order the panel from a fab. Since we're all splitting the panel setup cost, this lets us make circuit boards inexpensively.

This service grew out of the DorkbotPDX PCB Order run by @laen and now comprises of a two-layer panel every other day, a four-layer panel every three weeks and a periodic two-layer medium run service for people needing more than 150 square inches of board.
    Not used either of them myself yet but they both look quite good ?

.Me
    .Me

Thanks guys lots there to look at, I do like the idea of a group buy Lee.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    :-):-):-).
    Last edited by m_c; 20-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I think this is one item that any dodgy suppliers/sellers quickly get found out, and provided you use one of the more established sources, you won't have any issues. One thing worth mentioning, is I always go for 100% e-test to ensure all the boards are good. It's not really an issue with smaller boards with only a few components, but last thing you want to find after building up a larger board is for their to be a defect in the board itself.

Here's my first custom PCB-

122_FirstBoard by mc_mtb, on Flickr

BTW, if anybody wants some DS3231 prototype boards (ala Chronodot, but can actually fit in a breadboard and still get jumper wires in easily), give me a shout as I've got plenty boards and chips!

Hi, I wonder if you still have any of the DS3231 prototype boards and components for sale? If so how much and how many do you have please?

Thanks
    Bob

Message sent.

Thread Information