. .
    Hi all, Ive just put the probe on the machine and configured mach to recognise it, it works that far, but what is the proceedure to use it to find the center of a hole. I've had a look at a few threads on the zone but as usual they make everything seem so complicated and im none the wiser at the end of it, i must be thick... is it really that complicated or is there an easy way to do it..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

2. I am using the Mach3 2010 Screenset v1.1.4, As it has a build in probing wizard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Probing Wizzard.jpg 
Views:	6318 
Size:	432.2 KB 
ID:	8990

This take care of about 95% of the probing I need to do, the other 5% is done with other software outside of Mach3.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Ricks question started me thinking, and when the clicking of my brain stopped I was left wondering about whether you could use the tool itself to act as a probe. After all, that's what I do with the tool height setting. Two issues spring to mind (twannnng twannnng) 1. accuracy [especially with a single point cutter] and 2. tool breakage [I suppose you have to slow the feed rate right down].

To find the centre of a hole you will need a script behind the centring cross on the offsets screen.
    Have a look at this for ideas
    Mach Built In Find Hole Centre Probe Routine

I get confused about the various versions and screensets in Mach3. I just use a standard version R3.043.022

Cheers Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 02-06-2013 at 08:11 AM.

hey guys Thanks for your replies, but this is what i mean, new screen sets, scripts and routines... I just cannot get my head around why a basic routine isnt built in that can be edited by people who want more, after all the buttons are there so the designers know its needed, i just dont understand why i have to put on other screen sets some of which cost money to take advantage of a feature that should be there in the first place... vexes me that does...

Rick

and i still dont understand what is to be done to give this functionality, or is this step 'H' in in a learning curve starting at 'A'

Grrrrrrrrr
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    hey guys Thanks for your replies, but this is what i mean, new screen sets, scripts and routines... I just cannot get my head around why a basic routine isnt built in that can be edited by people who want more, after all the buttons are there so the designers know its needed, i just dont understand why i have to put on other screen sets some of which cost money to take advantage of a feature that should be there in the first place... vexes me that does...

Rick

and i still dont understand what is to be done to give this functionality, or is this step 'H' in in a learning curve starting at 'A'

Grrrrrrrrr
    Ok ive worked it out and i will do a tutorial for those who wish to know also..(where is the tutorial section LOL)

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 02-06-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    tell us more.....!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    tell us more.....!!!!!!
    Ok The tutorial is here..

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/faqs-p...-tutorial.html

Rick

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardoco For This Useful Post:

As a poor old pensioner I can't afford a centre probe, so I am thinking about making one using QTC as the switching. I have some on order. If it works I will start a new thread. If it don't I will keep quiet !

QTC - quantum tunnelling compound, a polymer that changes resistance dramatically on deformation from 10**12 ohms at rest to virtually zero on deformation cost is about 30p per 3.6 x 3.6 x 1.5 mm 'pill'

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    As a poor old pensioner I can't afford a centre probe, so I am thinking about making one using QTC as the switching. I have some on order. If it works I will start a new thread. If it don't I will keep quiet !

QTC - quantum tunnelling compound, a polymer that changes resistance dramatically on deformation from 10**12 ohms at rest to virtually zero on deformation cost is about 30p per 3.6 x 3.6 x 1.5 mm 'pill'
    To be fair there are some really good plans out there for DIY probes that report to work very well indeed.

have a look here-
    A DIY Touch Probe » fadedbits.com

Rick

ChangineHi I have just uploaded my Probing routines for Mach3 I use them every time I start the Machine
    these are xy probes and are completely automatic that is once the parameters are set it is just 1 click to probe circles id od, rectangles od id, pipes x&y, 2 points lines
    The rectangles can be on the Bed at any angle all probes end up in the dead center of the object.
    All probe points are recorded
    All probes are probe crash proof.
    This is using standard Mach3 Mill screen set with added screens for the probes
    This is the first time I have published this code
    I would appreciate it you Guys would give it a test.
    These are everyday probes but I have coded them very different to the Normal
    The accuracy is very good less than .004 mm consistently using a home brew probe.

This is a link to my dropbox with all the required files.

https://dl.orangedox.com/xfqlEtDC9vJ...rel_probes.rar

Cheers
    Last edited by squirrel_41; 16-11-2015 at 05:10 PM. Reason: change file link again

Thread Information