. .
    Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I am looking at items 15093104978 and 29089129543

How much do you all use digitizing probes for copying objects ? I think this is a nice idea, but not sure how much it would actually get used, and would like to know if it is as simple to create gcode and replicate objects as the youtube videos make out ?. Can it all be done with the wizard in Mach3 ? . For example, if I were to digitize an object that needed multiple tool changes, how would I edit the gcode to instruct mach3 when to stop etc ? The further I look at " if's and but's" the more unapealing the digitizer probes become. Are these just for copying profiles ? rather than anything else ?
    3 axis CNC/router / Alu profile frame....25mm Alu Cutting bed X=500mm Y=300mm Z=110mm.....Supported 25mm X rails ....Supported 20mm Y rails....Supported 20mm Z rails.....2.2kw Chinese WC spindle..... CSLAB CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller....M542 Drivers..SY60STH86-3008BF Motors...running....Mach3 / Cambam / Emachineshop.

Well i did ask myself the same questions, until i bought one... Today i was machining a double sided part, luckily it had a 32mm hole right through it, so when it came to flipping the part over and positioning it correctly, the hardest part was programming the scripts in Mach, the rest went flawlessly in fact it was easy, I was gobsmacked... i will let you know about copying and making parts later on in the month...HE HE HE

I dont know how i managed without it..... well the honest answer is that it was painfull to do a double sided part..

Rick

The probe i purchased wasnt the cheapest, but im happy i got it
    Touch Probe cMm Digitizing Renishaw Haas Fadal CNC Mill Lathe Router ENGRAVER | eBay
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 02-06-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Yes, please let me know as soon as you have tried replicating.
    3 axis CNC/router / Alu profile frame....25mm Alu Cutting bed X=500mm Y=300mm Z=110mm.....Supported 25mm X rails ....Supported 20mm Y rails....Supported 20mm Z rails.....2.2kw Chinese WC spindle..... CSLAB CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller....M542 Drivers..SY60STH86-3008BF Motors...running....Mach3 / Cambam / Emachineshop.

Thread Information