. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by asbo View Post
    I bet its a sex thing
    Probably a butt plug for an "Engineers and Tarts" theme party. I wonder if we'll get invited?

Can you imagine the sex toy that needs m12 bolts?

I'm not sure if they need a hex head, I bet they could probably be done with a round head and a slot for a decent screw

driver.
    Last edited by Tenson; 07-06-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    Application? You don't want to know! ;)
    "It is one of the few plastics compatible with ultra-high vacuum"(Wikipedia)

dense plasma focus fusion device maybe?
    I could do with one to run the Delorean :)

I read that and I'm not sure what an 'ultra-high' vacuum is? :-) Surely you can't get any more vacuous than a vacuum unless it has some extra 'nothing' in it!

5. Peek is loverly to machine and they will be a breeze to do but for me its fitting you in I'm afraid :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Spedley View Post
    I read that and I'm not sure what an 'ultra-high' vacuum is? :-) Surely you can't get any more vacuous than a vacuum unless it has some extra 'nothing' in it!
    Most plastic "gas" and getting a full vacuum or close to full is (apparently) a tough nut to crack.

I guess with a syringe it is possible to put a bit of hydraulic oil in it then evacuate all the bubbles put your finger over the end and pull a full vacuum.... I reckon with a larger vacuum chamber it gets a bit like the frog trying to cross the road by only jumping half of the distance remaining.... it never quite makes it across to the other side :)
    as the pressure drops there is less and less to remove.... at what point is there one gas atom left and how does the pump get the lousy fooooker out lol

I believe you get the last bit out by cooling, after all a vacuum is actually about pressure caused by heated particles.
    Yes, it would seem that Peek has no gaseous content so is unaffected by long term vacuum. Strange how there are solutions to problems I never knew existed! :-)

My friend said he is willing to pay £150 including material for the 12 bolts. A sample can be provided to copy. Is anyone interested?

I can certainly make them for you quickly
    only on a manual lathe mind
    what pitch would you friend need?
    and what head? round or hex?

I would be happy to make on reciept of material before being paid

Ian

Thank you for the offer Ian. BlackburnMark offered to give it a go just before you so I'll get in contact with you again if he changes his mind or something. Speed is not important since my friend has still not sent the sample!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information