. .
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I stumbled across this site about a year and a half ago and I've become hooked by the idea of getting a cnc machine together ever since! I did get a bit carried away early on and ended up bidding on a machine on ebay...the listing had one crappy blurred pic with pretty much no info on the machine at all and with all the parts disconnected and dumped on the bed! (How could I resist! )....I won it!

Lucky for me all parts needed are present and seem to work well enough (for me anyway) and thanks to the information found on this forum I managed to cut a wonkey stepped sided circle out of some pine which although not exactly what I was after it was a great feeling!

Since then I have had twin girls arrive (I now have 3 girls under 2 years of age.... ) which kinda put a hold the CNC fun and games for a while but I now have a bit more time to play I thought it about time I got stuck in to sort the machine and join the forum!

From reading many posts on this forum I have realised that my machine could do with quite a number of tweaks/improvments in a number of areas and I hope you guys will be able to point me in the right direction!

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining!

Hopfully we can get your machine up to spec for you and cutting proper circles , post up your threads in the relevant forums and give as much detail of your machine as you can and i'm sure you will get the required help needed.

Regards,
    .Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining!

Hopfully we can get your machine up to spec for you and cutting proper circles
    Thanks Lee!

If I cant get the circles sorted I guess my grand plans of quitting work and starting up "Jim's Circle Emporium" may be in serious jeopardy!

“Jim’s Wonkey Egg Shaped Cutouts” doesent have the same ring to it…
    Jim

Hi Jim, welcome to the site. If at first you don't succeed - keep asking questions!! Good luck. G.

Quote Originally Posted by cncJim View Post
    If I cant get the circles sorted I guess my grand plans of quitting work and starting up "Jim's Circle Emporium" may be in serious jeopardy!
    In that case, let’s see if we can turn this “full circle” for you

.Me
    .Me

Thanks for the welcome Geoffrey!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    In that case, let’s see if we can turn this “full circle” for you

.Me
    Haha! Looks like this forum will be a great place to hang aROUND!........ I'll get my coat....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cncJim For This Useful Post:

Thread Information