. .
    hi all has anyone got a mig welder for sale, gasless and gas, 240v 150amps or more working condition no need to have gas bottle, ideally looking for 200amps welder

if anyone ca help get in touch please

pm me i will sned phone number,

collection not a problem, will travel for right unit, or can arrange shipping

hello i have a sip 150 amp turbo welder for salegas only though £75

Don't bother with the gasless MIG sets, they're absolute shyte. If you insist on having "gasless" capability, buy a standard mig welder as it will allow you to use either standard wire with CO2 or Argon mixes OR a flux cored wire with the gas turned off. For home use on Mild Steel, you won't go far wrong with standard 0.8mm wire and CO2 "pub" gas which costs about £10 a refill and no rental. But make sure it's the pure CO2 that they use for fizzy drinks. The beer gases have Nitrogen in them and are useless. If you insist on using an Argon/CO2 mix, then a rent-free deal with an Adam's Gas supplier will probably be the best option unless you plan on welding for 20hrs a week. If you're planning on welding anything other than Mild Steel greater than 3mm thick, you'd probably be better off looking at TIG sets which often have Arc welding capabilities as well.

Source: I finished my fabrication apprenticeship 18 years ago and have been in the trade ever since. There's not much I can't do with a welder, an oxy-acetylene torch, an anvil and a big hammer!

P.S.
    Good to see that you're looking at 200A sets. I have an Oxford 180A set which has served me well for 20+ years but I'd never go any smaller than that.
    Last edited by birchy; 11-06-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Thread Information