. .
    I just wanted to say a big thanks to Geoffrey, who not only gave me a shaft reducer for free, he also had it trimmed down on a lathe for me! No requests for money, not even for postage. I sometimes feel sad about how rude and selfish people on forums can be, but actions like this far outweigh it. In fact this forum in general is a great example of a helpful community rather than a group of fighting teenagers like many can be! :)

Here Here ! and I totally agree Geoffrey is one of the very good guys :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep, totally agree, I met him yesterday and he is a great chap.

Thanks fellas, but better give over now or I'll never be able to get through the door!!! G.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Thanks fellas, but better give over now or I'll never be able to get through the door!!! G.
    I will always think of you as a grumpy old git. Does that help? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    I will always think of you as a grumpy old git. Does that help? ;)

Nothing quite like being brought back down to earth with a crash

Ah well, back to reality. G.

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    My hat's off to Geoff, he was kind enough to show me around his workshop / garage and drove me all the way to his friend to discuss all things CNC related. He was also kind enough to drive me back, couldn't ask for more really :D

Cheers G!

Regards,
    T.

yip he,s a good sort,;)

Thread Information