Greetings fellow Earthmen.
Just a few words to introduce myself.
My name is Mike and I do tend to be a bit messy but I do clean up after myself!
I am a self employed sign maker and have just found out that it is possible to make a CNC machine. I have jumped in and purchased some Rockcliff plans and am now wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew.

I currently own a computerised engraving machine which cost me a kings ransom so don't want to go down that expensive route again. What I am looking to do would be to build a machine that would cut out lettering from various materials. I would imagine a table size of about 610 x 610mm would be sufficient for my needs.
Now my abillity to make things are pretty good but my knowledge of other things are....well to put it bluntly....ZERO.
Electrics....I can wire a plug and there it ends.
Electronics....I can break things easily, but haven't a clue how or where to start to build something.
Don't talk about volts & watts as this goes over my head.
I have very limited space for building this and where it will live after building it. (if I ever get that far:confused:)

How do I go about choosing the parts that I will need???
I use a program called Engravlab for my engraver, would I be able to use this to run a CNC machine????
OK now the "how long is a piece of string question" What sort of cost can I expect to pay for say a basic Rockcliff router or a flying gantry job. I just need some sort of ballpark figure to see if this project takes off or not.

I think I have a lot of homework to do and a lot of questions to ask.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers me dears
Mike