. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Some of you may already be aware, I have recently acquired a bigger machine and as such I have decided to extend my workshop to accommodate it. Unfortunately, I am married, and therefore the size of my new workshop is capped by the wife and therefore I wont have space for both machines. Therefore I think im going to sell this one (il post a thread of new workshop build.... going for 20ft x 20ft)

The machine is physically 1600mm long, and approximately 1200mm wide. It will accept material 1000mm wide however its cutting area is approximately 800mm wide. It weighs an absolute TON... its easy a 6 STRONG man lift. The Z has approximately 300mm travel.

I think others will agree, that although I personally have only used it for wood. Its made well enough to have a good crack at cutting ali (you would obviously need to replace the sacrificial bed (its presently a MDF sheet)

The bed frame height is fully adjustable, it uses all 70v drivers, torodial transformer and a 2.2k spindle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130625_203314.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	9134

Name:	20130625_203417.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	9135

Name:	20130625_203429.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	9136

Name:	20130625_203438.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	9137

Name:	20130625_203457.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	9138

collection will need to be from Leicester LE9

offers via PM? or email matt at pensys dot co dot uk
    or 07584 214 702!
    Last edited by kingcreaky; 01-07-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Great machine Mat and nice work , best advert ever if you want to sell it :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

come on!!!!, few sniffs via telephone but still for sale. Problem is I dont know what I want for it. so cant specify a price. But with that in mind have had no offers

so, dont be afraid of offending... lets have what you think its worths... £500 etc just so I know if its worth me keeping it etc or whether I should put it on the bay?

Matt

I'll give you £200 (well, you did say don't be afraid of offending!)

Seriously, too big for me, but I enjoyed the video ....if it cost you £2,000 in parts, you should be looking to recoup at least that - IMHO, you may have put a lot of time into it, but that was fun - right?! - what do similar spec machines sell for new? (cos that's what's probably gonna dictate the price you can expect to get)
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 27-06-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    come on!!!!, few sniffs via telephone but still for sale. Problem is I dont know what I want for it. so cant specify a price. But with that in mind have had no offers

so, dont be afraid of offending... lets have what you think its worths... £500 etc just so I know if its worth me keeping it etc or whether I should put it on the bay?

Matt
    I'm on a very tight budget I'd love to buy it from you for £500 however I think that wouldn't be right. Let me know how much you would take for it.

I'm sure this went for a tidy sum on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by r0bsk1 View Post
    That makes sense. Perhaps the thread should be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by r0bsk1 View Post
    It did sell on eBay - look in completed listings and you'll soon find this:

CNC router machine engraving signwriting milling home business wood plastic | eBay
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

sold to a very nice guy in Shrewsbury.

He paid me to deliver / install it. Rocked down with it on my car trailer :D

Should of seen this place guys. The guy was properly minted. His workshop was bigger than my house & garden & workshop combined. In a building next to his indoor pool. He had ALL of the toys including a forklift! big lathes milling machines pipe benders bandsaw's, planers all of it was industrial three phase stuff. This workshop was laid out and maintained like a surgery. He was into model steam trains (not his profession) and planned to use the machine to make foam moulds to inturn make negative fibreglass moulds.

Focus is now on finishing my bigger machine, and rebuilding my workshop.

Im missing the machine already.. I keep going to use then seeing the empty chasm where it once lay

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    sold to a very nice guy in Shrewsbury.

He paid me to deliver / install it. Rocked down with it on my car trailer :D

Should of seen this place guys. The guy was properly minted. His workshop was bigger than my house & garden & workshop combined. In a building next to his indoor pool. He had ALL of the toys including a forklift! big lathes milling machines pipe benders bandsaw's, planers all of it was industrial three phase stuff. This workshop was laid out and maintained like a surgery. He was into model steam trains (not his profession) and planned to use the machine to make foam moulds to inturn make negative fibreglass moulds.

Focus is now on finishing my bigger machine, and rebuilding my workshop.

Im missing the machine already.. I keep going to use then seeing the empty chasm where it once lay
    Sounds very nice I wish I could have a workshop like that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information