. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    thisonecouldofbeenleftuneditted
    Last edited by m_c; 20-05-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Thank you gents, this is exactly why I've asked the question, I've never thought about it to be honest.

Regards,
    dsc.

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    One more question regarding the fitting of the 'barrel' of the ballnut inside the housing. Normally the non-flange part of the ballnut is marked as 'g6' tolerance and if I'm not mistaken it's a slide fit in the housing. Any reason for this other than space saving and making the bore in the housing an almost exact fit? I'm asking because the mounting holes on the flange are 4.5mm dia, which means there's some wiggle room to align the ballnut with the ballscrew, but of course in order for that to be possible, the bore for the body of the ballnut needs to be slightly bigger than g6.

Regards,
    dsc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information