. .
    I’m trying to reduce the footprint of my project, the CMPOY amp uses 9v battery fed to a TLE2426CLPE3 now if I search on mouser say for a SMD replacement I get TLE2426CLPR am I’m right in thinking that this would be a direct replacement for the TLE2426CLPE3 or am I making some typical n00b mistake? Also can anyone tell me where the size is stated in the data , as in 6332 etc ?
    The other thing is what should I look for when replacing the though hole parts if I’m building something for audio, or is there no real difference ? What would you recommend as fairly good manufacturer of SMD’s so I can first try source their parts?

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It's all a case of reading the datasheet.
    The TLE2426CLPR is still a LP case (i.e. through hole) with the only difference to the CLPE3 is the quanitity they come supplied in from the manufacturer.
    The JG, and P packages are both through hole. The only SMD option is D, as you really don't want to be going for the chip form Y.
    So you need a TLE2426CD of some variation, or swap the C for an I or M if you wanted extended temp range.

As for the pin layout/size, all the package drawings are at the end of the datasheet.

If you search for TLE2426CD mouser comes up with various options, including the extended temp range ones, so just compare the part number with the order numbers near the end of the datasheet to see what the differences are.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    It's all a case of reading the datasheet.
    The TLE2426CLPR is still a LP case (i.e. through hole) with the only difference to the CLPE3 is the quanitity they come supplied in from the manufacturer.
    The JG, and P packages are both through hole. The only SMD option is D, as you really don't want to be going for the chip form Y.
    So you need a TLE2426CD of some variation, or swap the C for an I or M if you wanted extended temp range.

As for the pin layout/size, all the package drawings are at the end of the datasheet.

If you search for TLE2426CD mouser comes up with various options, including the extended temp range ones, so just compare the part number with the order numbers near the end of the datasheet to see what the differences are.
    Thanks MC starting to make sense now :) I don’t think I need above 70 C so that’s looking like the best option.

My Idea was to use this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sijosae.png 
Views:	326 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	9279

Then someone mentioned TLE2426 would work better as long as I'm only drawing 20 - 40 mA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tle2426cp.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	9280

The above uses a single 9v battery , anyway I'm going to buy the a TLE2426CP from farnells even though they are nearly 50p more than Mouser, but its free shipping ..hehe and breadboard it.

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information