Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
Thats awsome thanks for the advice Boscoe :) Do you think I can convert this to SMD ? As your the first real sound expert I've talked to. I've spent months trying to learn this stuff but i'm just scratching the surface, what i really need is a good CMoy design that I can use SMD parts on so I can get it small enough and cheap enough to shoehorn into a tabbaco tin with 2 x 9v batteries. Any ideas ? :) I wont lie, I intend to sell them, I need the money lol
Sure it's quite easy to fit it all in with two 9V batteries. It will be a lot easier to do it all SMD just use the filters on Farnell to find your parts if the existing ones don't have an SM equivalent. But I don't understand in your first post why you would use two 9V in series then try and split them into two 9V rails again? If your worried about DC offest don't be - your op-amps will keep the output voltage to what you want irrespective of the rails (to a point). You can also use voltage regulators instead however you will loose precious voltage. Look at this guys amp he made, he uses the same technique as I mention earlier and the THD is not measurable.

"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - diyAudio