. .
    Started in December 2012 with my first lathe and am about to order the first mill - Sieg SX3 - and am thinking about converting it for CNC?

Interest is model steam engines, model aeroplanes and bits for my diving equipment...

Made a few tools and fittings etc as well (good practise!)

Am in IT as an occupation and comfortable with electronics so might be able to help someone
    with something eventually (hopefully)

Member of Newton Abbot Model Engineering Society (NADMES)

Best wishes

Chris

Hi Chris, wellcome to the forum. I find Model engineers are nearly always interesting people (or is it just like minded kindred spirits?). If you do convert either of your machines to cnc you will wonder how you ever managed before!! Good luck. G.

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    Hi Chris, wellcome to the forum. I find Model engineers are nearly always interesting people (or is it just like minded kindred spirits?). If you do convert either of your machines to cnc you will wonder how you ever managed before!! Good luck. G.
    Thanks very much - I did wonder if once my mill was delivered I should spend some time getting to grips with it 'manually' and then perhaps adding a DRO before considering a CNC conversion?

What do you think?

My ultimate goal is to go to CNC - but as you are no doubt aware there is a not insignificant cost involved in this and I have to justify it (to myself...)

Regards

Chris

Thread Information