. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 27 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I see now how you are mounting it, but just a flat plate at the bottom would still work with a washer in the slot and a bolt through.. very small parts like that, having to print it on end (because of the lugs) are difficult because plastic does not have time to cool as it is building up.
    Also the slots where the switches are mounted don't need to be there (that little channel could be filled in).
    What size bolt holes are they for the switches. Clive

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Just my 2p worth...

I'd consider modifying your design to put the switches horizontal and use roller lever operated by the green bits as a cam. The way you have it relies on the carriage stopping fast enough not to overstress the switch. Hitting the limit a few times could compromise the switch reliability.
    Agree with Irving.!!. . . BUT . . . there's another plus to using Cam or ramp.? You only need 1 switch which travels not 2.!!

Hi There.

Having been lurking around this forum for a while i figured it was time for me to chime in.
    Did you get this sorted?
    If not i might be able to help out.
    I have a fair bit of experience with 3D printing and i see no reason why this should not be printable.

Anyways... let me know if it's still relevant.

Best.
    /Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    What size bolt holes are they for the switches. Clive
    The holes are for M2 bolts.

Thanks

very small parts like that, having to print it on end (because of the lugs) are difficult because plastic does not have time to cool as it is building up.
    A fan is really a necessity, not just for small parts but also for bridges. One trick if you haven't got a fan is to print multiple copies or print something of similar height at the same time..

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 27 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Yes I agree I printed 3 of the small parts because of the fact that the print head can then move between them and the part has a chance to cool down.
    I have 2 printers one set up with ABS and the other with PLA but very small parts are always tricky. Clive

Yes I agree I printed 3 of the small parts because of the fact that the print head can then move between them and the part has a chance to cool down.
    Can't you just insert a periodic pause into the program so the part has chance to cool down?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Can't you just insert a periodic pause into the program so the part has chance to cool down?
    Yes you can and is often done so. You can get the print head to circle away from the part but then other issues come in to play ie. ooze from the head even though the filament is retracted between moves. Its all a bit of a balancing act. Clive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information