. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Do asc deliver nationally?

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    agreed its hardly worth mentioning asc is cheaper unless your buying 500 notes to a grands worth of plate a time
    otherwise its a bag of chips and a spud fritter between em,and you still have the too and throw lark in email then the phone call with the card details.
    My last order with ASC was £174 with VAT total. Here are the first two lines:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASC.PNG 
Views:	185 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	9331

Put the same sizes in the aluminium warehouse site and it's £8.39 more, plus delivery at £12.49 so that's £20.88 saved. I'm happy to make a 5-10 minute phone call to save 20 quid!

I don't think they deliver nationally as it just arrives on one of their company flat trucks. Still it might be worth asking if you're ordering a reasonable amount?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 26-07-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

i guess its swings and roundabouts then jonathan,my last order from them was a little over 100 quid for 20mm plate and by my reckoning and looking on the AW Site id saved about £1.95p lol wasnt worth it.
    ive used both companys a bit now and i will say in asc,s favour i only bother with the eco cast but where asc will have the courtesy to ring or mail and say look we have your plate ready to send but its damaged or marked on one side do you want us to send it?? AW just send it then ignore you when you winge about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deisel View Post
    i guess its swings and roundabouts then jonathan
    Yes, definitely. ASC seem to be more expensive for small sizes of aluminium round bar, but they've always been cheaper for me with 6082 aluminium plate. I've not ordered any tooling plate/eco cast from them so no idea what the difference is...

Also, when they didn't have enough of something I wanted in stock they sent what they had then the rest in a couple of days, which I thought was good service.

take back everything i said back about AW

All has arrived. perfect condition.
    Last edited by kingcreaky; 26-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Asc wouldn't deliver to me when I asked them about delivery but that was quite a while ago so may have changed, being in scotland probably didn't help either as some people seem to think that non of Scotland is covered by mainland UK.

Jonathan if you are using ASC quite a bit then you will probably have a trade account which could easily make the prices they charge you lower than anyone who is contacting them for the first time especially if they don't mention it is trade.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Jonathan if you are using ASC quite a bit then you will probably have a trade account which could easily make the prices they charge you lower than anyone who is contacting them for the first time especially if they don't mention it is trade.
    I don't have a trade account - I've ordered from there about 4 times in the past year, so not much really.

I will post my question here as it relates to "aluminium warehouse"

how accurate they doing cuts ?
    let's say that I need 200x200mm aluminum plate., they declared that "Cutting Tolerance: + 2.0mm / - Nil", it will be very complicated to get rid of extra 1 or 2mm on table saw or chop saw I thing?.
    Maybe it will be better to make orders on over sized plates?, and after cut to size what I need?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gytis View Post

let's say that I need 200x200mm aluminum plate., they declared that "Cutting Tolerance: + 2.0mm / - Nil", it will be very complicated to get rid of extra 1 or 2mm on table saw or chop saw I thing?.
    Maybe it will be better to make orders on over sized plates?, and after cut to size what I need?

Thanks
    Better buying oversize then cutting. Ali plate cuts easily on a table saw with decent blade, I cut all my plate to rough size on table saw in one pass 20mm or more.!

Quote Originally Posted by Gytis View Post

Thanks
    Plus I think they use a plasma cutter on the plate as the edges look melted and nasty.

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information