. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Has anybody got any contact details for Aluminium Warehouse, that doesn't involve dealing with trained monkeys who can't actually sort anything?

They substitued sizes in my last order, and despite numerous emails and phoning, they seem totally inept at actually doing anything to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Has anybody got any contact details for Aluminium Warehouse, that doesn't involve dealing with trained monkeys who can't actually sort anything?

They substitued sizes in my last order, and despite numerous emails and phoning, they seem totally inept at actually doing anything to fix it.
    No but going back a bit what i did was use the feed back form then left neg feedback and sent it, next day some one from higher up sent me a mail saying they will look at the issue and oppoligize for my being ignored by staff,i cant find the email or id give the blokes name
    Last edited by dazza; 26-07-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I happened to find a feedback email earlier, so I filled it in.

I know the last company I left bad feedback for on feefo, I had what I wanted within hours!

no contact details, but glad somebody else is suffering aswell. I placed an order last week, of which it seems 2 out of three parcels where dispatched on tuesday that I recieved yesterday. and despite being actually "promised" the 3rd package will be with me today, its now 13:45 and no sign.

Perhaps in future use Metal Stockists: ASC Metals Lincoln Ltd. - Metal stockholders for East Midlands/North of England
    They tend to be cheaper than aluminium-warehouse, especially for plate, and also have other non ferrous metals at good prices.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    no contact details, but glad somebody else is suffering aswell. I placed an order last week, of which it seems 2 out of three parcels where dispatched on tuesday that I recieved yesterday. and despite being actually "promised" the 3rd package will be with me today, its now 13:45 and no sign.

delivery used to be quite fast with AW but these days its a week+ in some cases,looking at my transaction history with them they used to use tufnells(something like that)on the ball and fast delivery,now its tnt,and there a whole new thread

The last two times I ordered from ASC the delivery was free, and I didn't order that much. If I recall correctly they deliver on two working days each week, so you're guaranteed to get the order within a couple of days.

(Edit: I'm not being paid to advertise ASC!)
    Last edited by Jonathan; 26-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.

See for me, although AW service is bad, there website makes up for it. Although Ive rang ASC and for that matter other ali stockists its always a game first of establishing what they stock and what they dont stock, they then give you awkward prices and cutting is additional cost which they provide no way of working out. You ring them with a big list and cuts etc and it always seems like too much hassle. Whereas, AW has an excellant website that allows you to peruse over what they have specify your cuts and get an exact cost (regardless of if its too expensive)
    Here's me promoting them... and im still sat here waiting for my delivery

Matt

You can e-mail ASC with a list and they'll give you an itemized quote - that's what I did on my last order. Just remember to add the 20% for VAT and you've got the exact cost. ASC also do have a stock list here:

http://www.ascmetals.com/downloads/wholebrochure.pdf

But it's not everything - they'll sometimes get you things which aren't on the list. Either way the stock range is large...
    Last edited by Jonathan; 26-07-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    See for me, although AW service is bad, there website makes up for it.

Matt
    agreed its hardly worth mentioning asc is cheaper unless your buying 500 notes to a grands worth of plate a time
    otherwise its a bag of chips and a spud fritter between em,and you still have the too and throw lark in email then the phone call with the card details.
    most my orders from AW ordered the week before come the following friday afternoon so you could still get it today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information