. .
    Hi,
    anyone have buying experience with HIWIN rails and carriages from China?(Aliexpress)

Near enough - I bought two 20mm, 2200mm long rails with bearings from aliexpress, TBI brand. This one to be precise:

2SET Linear Bearing Slide Rail Guide Z2 TR20 2200L + 4 TRH20FL CNC-in Linear Guides from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com

When I ordered it was $415 for those rails including shipping, however I did have to pay about (can't remember exactly) £30 in customs charges. I've not actually mounted the rails on my machine yet, however they look fine.

Their service was excellent and communication was good considering the language barrier. If you do order from aliexpress make sure you get rails with the right pre-load. For a router you'll almost certainly want 'medium' preload. I'm intending to get some more soon...
    Last edited by Jonathan; 27-07-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Thanks for that Jonathan

4. TBI are very good for there ballscrews and bearings, perhaps not the quite as good as hiwin but there ballscrews are mint. they put the stuff on eBay to shame! last time i got some TBI screws they were a lot cheaper than Chi and the machining to my spec was far superior.

Thank you Jonathan and AdCNC

I'll stay away for awhile from buying from Aliexpress, as I bought a few minutes ago from Germany's ebay, rails and carriages 20 series (tolerance H) cost me 150eu delivered for the Z axis.
    but for X and Y I'll buy from Ali, I found a few good deals there.
    If someone have interest in Hiwin15 or THK30 series from Germany see link:

snoerre1103 | eBay

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Thanks guys

Thread Information