. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all,
    can anyone recommend any UK cnc kit suppliers, that is not Marchant Dice, for a small cnc router kit machine. Max bed size would be around 1000mm x 600mm.
    I am looking at building a small cnc router to add to my wood working workshop.

regards

Ian

Hi Ian,

I guess the lack of replies says no, maybe just do what everyone else does and build your own.

Phil

Phil,
    Looks that way. I have been looking at linear rails and bearings today and have found a few aluminium extrusion companies so looks like a bit of diy is coming up.

Regards

Ian

4. You know this points to a market that is under served. Hmmmm, Can I take on another project without the wife killing me...... ......thinking........ ........nah too much on the plate as it is.

5. Watch this space :-) ............

Ooo what you got in mind Adam ;)

Hi,

I've been in this position for months - wanting to build but not having a workshop. Some people volunteered to help make the parts then changed their minds. In the end I decided to go for a kit but even then the kit wanted some machining. So I thought long and hard and ordered a complete machine. The time and extra tools that I save will help to pay for the extra cost. I'm far from rich but this is the solution for me. It means I can be producing items for sale a little earlier and hopefully recoup the cost and even start to earn my living...

After looking through quite a few adverts, machine suppliers in the UK etc., I decide on Rhonmac. I've spoken to him on the phone and emails have been exchanged and for me he was the best solution. He seems quite helpful. Try him and see...

If anyone is interested I'll start a thread about my experiences starting in this field with extremely little experience or knowledge about it. Not everyone looking at this site is a machinist with an engineering workshop.

Good luck.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Hi,

After looking through quite a few adverts, machine suppliers in the UK etc., I decide on Rhonmac. I've spoken to him on the phone and emails have been exchanged and for me he was the best solution. He seems quite helpful. Try him and see...

If anyone is interested I'll start a thread about my experiences starting in this field with extremely little experience or knowledge about it. Not everyone looking at this site is a machinist with an engineering workshop.

Good luck.

Keith.
    That would be a great idea fella

I am new to CNC and intended it for hobby projects. There seem to be a great range in cost from £100s to 10s of thousands. I wasn’t about to find a web site that gave an overview of CNC routers/mills, i.e all the components parts and workflow. I have a diagram of what I can glean and nwould like to invite site users to comment and improve the diagram for CNC newbies. I wish to create PCBs, engrave, cut shapes from sheets, render 3D shapes, drill holes in materials such as acrylic, copper, brass and aluminium alloy (softer alloys 1000 series pos 5000 series). Is this feasible on a £500-600 budget? Thanks for any help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blockdiamcnc.png 
Views:	934 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	9170

Probably your best bet would be to read through some of the build logs, this will help explain a lot of things you may have questions about & give you a better insight into individual components which vary in cost tremendously as do complete machines.
    Unlikely you are going to be able to buy a machine that will do everything you want it to well with that sort of budget. What sort of size machine you would like will also play a big factor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information