1. #1
    Tenson's Avatar
    Lives in London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 529. Received thanks 28 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Hi guys,

    I've been reading a 1977 BBC research paper on speaker cabinet damping and they mention using 'mild steel 25 BG' as a constraining layer. Can anyone tell me what 25BG is? I shoved it into Google but didn't get a lot. Does this indicate the thickness or just the grade?


  2. #2
    It may just mean b grade steel,25 gauge 0.0209 inch
    Last edited by deisel; 03-08-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Steel vs Aluminium
    By gavztheouch in forum Metalwork Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-05-2014, 09:11 PM
  2. eBay: Steel enclosures
    By Web Goblin in forum Items On eBay UK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 08:52 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 10:37 PM
  4. WANTED: Steel Off-cut!
    By Tenson in forum Items Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-04-2012, 04:59 PM
  5. Steel frame for 8' * 4' cnc bed ?
    By flanagaj in forum Gantry/Router Machines & Building
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 18-10-2011, 07:57 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts