. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,
    maybe someone know good and cheap supplier for this type of drill bits? (subland? step drill?)
    I found a few suppliers but they are a bit too expensive for me, M6 bit over 40£+p&p

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drill bit.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	9368  

Is this for counterboring caphead bolts? If so, why not use a proper counterbore?

Counterbores - Arc Euro Trade
    7PC SOCKET CAP SCREW COUNTER BORES COUNTERBORE | eBay
    Last edited by birchy; 04-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birchy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by birchy View Post
    Is this for counterboring caphead bolts? If so, why not use a proper counterbore?

Counterbores - Arc Euro Trade
    7PC SOCKET CAP SCREW COUNTER BORES COUNTERBORE | eBay
    Hi birchi,
    yes, for cap head bolts, Thanks for the links!
    I've seen these drill bits, but I was not sure about them, since I'm a carpenter, so was looking for something similar to my tools

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gytis View Post
    I was not sure about them, since I'm a carpenter,

Thanks
    Use REAL tools not bent bits of wire
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Use REAL tools not bent bits of wire
    Thanks for another useful advice

rather than start another thread does anyone know where i can find some counter bores this shape and size 6.3mm Cobalt Countersink Drill Bit 90° for Metal | eBay but with the little pilot bit on the end,i found some simular but they seem to be geared for wood work and have a drill bit running through the center,there not what im after.thanks

That's a countersink not a counterbore? Big difference between the two. I also had a quick search for counterbores with a combined pilot drill so that you could effectively drill and counterbore without changing tools but came up blank. I've worked in engineering for many years but have never seen such a tool. Or at least not a proper one. I guess you'd have to get a lump of tool steel and make your own or make one by grinding a suitably sized drill bit.
    Last edited by birchy; 06-08-2013 at 05:04 PM.

That's a countersink not a counterbore? Big difference between the two. I also had a quick search for counterbores with a combined pilot drill so that you could effectively drill and counterbore without changing tools but came up blank. I've worked in engineering for many years but have never seen such a tool. Or at least not a proper one. I guess you'd have to get a lump of tool steel and make your own or make one by grinding a suitably sized drill bit.
    i must have dreamed them up then i was sure i had seen them before.ive got to use some counter sink allen bolts plan is to put in a pilot holes then manually counter sink the material on the bench drill,i can get by but would have prefered them to have that pilot guide on the bottom like those flat bottomed counter bores do

Sorry, I misunderstood...I thought you meant pilot DRILL and countersink combined. There are things like these, but they look a bit Mickey Mouse to be honest...

Countersink Cutter - 3/32" Rivet CC40 - Cleaveland Aircraft Tool
    Buy SNAPPY 7/64" x 3/8" Twist Bit Countersink For #6 Screws Fits Festool Centrotec Chucks at Woodcraft.com

I mostly prefer to lock the work piece and then drill, change to tool and countersink. Bit of a PITA but it gives the best accuracy and squareness. If it's not too fussy, I use a cordless drill.

Sorry, I misunderstood...I thought you meant pilot DRILL and countersink .
    its my fault fella (termonoligy how ever its spelt) its a piloted countersink im after doesnt have the drill going through it just a plain pilot on the end,ive found a few but its unlikley im gonna find the size i need so i,ll make do thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information