. .
    I’ve just posted this in Think Broadband just in case anyone is interested and to get the word out.

Hello , this is my first post and I’m looking for some help.

Sorry to ramble on but sometimes forums complain that there’s not enough information so I’ll give all I can.

My father whos nearly 80, unfortunately was conned into moving from Talk-Talk to a company called Time-Talk based in Burnley Lancashire.

They managed to move him without him realising he had been. They didn’t ask him for MAC number which I thought was very odd as you need one from your previous supplier to authorise any switch over. Anyway one when I had gone around to help move some stuff, he said he was having problems with the internet. So I checked and it was dead. Now I work for a small computer shop and the vast majority of call outs are people having problems with their broadband. So I’m no mug when it comes to diagnosing faults. Simply put there was no ADSL on that line full stop. The phone was still working though, which was one lucky thing as my Dad has just had a kidney transplant and gets his hospital appointment through it as they won’t ring a mobile. So I called Talk-Talk who informed me that they no longer supplied telecoms to the address. So I asked my father if he had cancelled the broadband and he said no they had only just sent a new contract out. It was only me reading the contract that noticed it wasn’t Talk-Talk! I asked him if he had talked to Time-Talk and he said no Talk-Talk had called him telling him they could offer a better tariff because he was such a low download user, but they would need his bank details to set up a direct debit for the new price. So I called Time-Talk which I had to wait for 45 minutes for them to answer, who said it was all perfectly legal they had done nothing wrong and the contract was binding, if I wanted to get out of it would cost £196! So I said I would complain to OFCOM which I have, they cut his phone off !
    So for 12 weeks he has had no broadband and 6 weeks without a telephone. I called Time-Talk and asked them for a MAC number, they said it would take at least 2 weeks to generate one, that was 4 weeks ago. I emailed then two weeks ago because after calling OFCOM who we now have a case raised with had informed me that it should not take more than 5 days and in fact in most cases they can give you one there and then. They have replied today, I quote “Unfortunately Sir, there is a problem processing your MAC code, the order management team are looking into this and are aiming to get this resolved ASAP. It will be emailed to you as soon as possible.

Thankyou for your patiennce.” <- yes that’s their spell checker working just fine !
    I pulled some strings and found out that there is an active tag on the line belonging to Kingston Communications who are now KC.com. They supply lines to Tpad who are Time-Talk. From what I can gather and this is from my Virgin Media contact , because we are resellers at the shop, Time-Talk owe KC.com a lot of money and that Time-Talk are hunting around for another supplier, hence all the complaints on the review boards, and the fact that the line is good according to a BT engineer but we are not being supplied Broadband.

Ok here’s the question how the hell am I going to get broadband switched on for my Dad? BT won’t do anything without a MAC number I called them 3 times now. OFCOM’s procedures are so tame - 2 emails – 5 working days each to reply – then a phone call from a manger .. and what will they achieve ?? How do I get BT to take the tag off so we can complete our order with them and get my father back on the internet?

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fivetide For This Useful Post:

Read on through this lot until you find a post from Chris Leonard who says that he has won a case against them and will help anyone out.
    Might be your best bet.
    Who are TimeTalk.co.uk ? - Broadband Forum - 02/03/2012
    His post is near the bottom of the page dated 5 August.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Web Goblin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Read on through this lot until you find a post from Chris Leonard who says that he has won a case against them and will help anyone out.
    Might be your best bet.
    Who are TimeTalk.co.uk ? - Broadband Forum - 02/03/2012
    His post is near the bottom of the page dated 5 August.
    Awesome reply Web Goblin I have emailed him with all the details , stay tuned for more news :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good luck with that, those fly-by-nights need a good arse kicking!

Its seems I am not the only one to have contacted Chris, a mailing list and action group is developing with angry people.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

If any of u guys are on face book or twitter can you hit them with a "like", we have started an action group page.. @timetalkag ad https://www.facebook.com/pages/Time-...73895309307123
    Thanks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information