. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eddy look for industrial Garage door brush strips and you'll find them at 100mm +.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Eddy look for industrial Garage door brush strips and you'll find them at 100mm +.
    Thanks, I think I tried that a while back and found they were quite expensive as you were also paying for the aluminium part that will probably be discarded, I read somewhere that just the brush can be bought on a roll that you just cut to length and it's flexible but might have been in USA

Edit: This was the best place I found a few weeks ago but postage on long lengths killed it, if local pick up it would be ideal.
    http://www.formseal.co.uk/camstrips.html
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-04-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Hi Eddy,

Sorry, been busy making new bed, cutting replacement aluminium parts, buying new drivers and PSU, designing new control box, straightening and setting up ballscrews. Not cut any wood for a while so dropped down the list for now . . .

I've made a few dust shoes over the years and tried both bristles and clear plastic cut into strips. I tend to favour the plastic strips as you can see through and make sure all is well. Still intend to make the floating design above and will post when I've finally made it.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I tend to favour the plastic strips as you can see through and make sure all is well.
    Do you have a source for these plastic strips ?
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Hi Eddy
    i have a couple of shoes, 1 with the strip you linked to from toolstation (it does pull out of carrier strip), and one shorter which I used drawer liner roll from ikea that you can see through

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazzer For This Useful Post:

Sorry Eddy, it was just some plastic sheet I had lying around. You can see the floating shoe and plastic skirt on my old machine . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 013b.JPG 
Views:	520 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	12147
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

8. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

So what I did for my shoe was cut a channel and then got a wall paper brush and cut all the bristles off it and epoxied them into the channel. It took a little while but it works great so far.

Here is the design for the shoe I made: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7e...it?usp=sharing

its all made of 12mm acrylic and has press fit magnets which go into each part of the shoe so i can snap the brush part off for tool changes etc.

Sounds intersting but it's a link to a Vectric file and I can't open it.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Sounds intersting but it's a link to a Vectric file and I can't open it.
    Will this help Copy of Dust_Shoe_12mm_plex.dxf ..Clive

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone, what trim length of brush do you need ? I'm asking because if you get to long a trim length then the brush filaments can soon get wrapped around the cutter on a direction change. Ripped brushes flying about the workshop and a damaged spindle come to mind. Something none of us want.
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information