. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello to all. I have checked and I hope I am posting in the correct place - please let me know that my post is okay. I hope it will be of use to some of you.

My name is Rory Stoney and I am pleased to announce that the JBEC CNC ROUTER platform is now available in the UK via StoneyCNC (STONEY CNC · ROUTER SYSTEMS). The JBEC CNC router platform is based on a German platform design and is assembled in Kilkenny in Ireland in affiliation with JBEC. JBEC (John Brennan) has had 30 years experience in the automotive industry and has full industrial fabrication facilities in house allowing us to assembly and customize machine design with exact professional tolerances in house on a 3D Hurco machine platform. Within JBEC commercial machining work is a core competence and we therefore understand the challenges associated with machine building and the associated design challenges.

The machine is based on 80mm x 50mm box section bed frame construction design supporting the gantry and T-slot aluminium bed. The results is a very stiff robust platform with excellent accuracy and stiffness translated to the cutting tip - the key to good CNC router performance. The platform has had great success since its release in Ireland supporting many new and growing business opportunities.

Our standard machine is controlled using high spec Oriental-stepper-motors driven by Leadshine drives on all axes - feel free to ask for more information. We adopt a 24V DC latched on/off circuit on all out machines as standard as safety is out no.1 priority. We also offer a servo stepper version where extremely high performance is required.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9350626766_7216a8c14b_c.jpg 
Views:	2731 
Size:	257.6 KB 
ID:	9379

I have had experience in CNC for a number of years and have experienced a range of low cost machines. I would view our platform as potentially one of the most high performance in the sub 10,000€/£ range - I'm very open to and would welcome comments/challenges on the back of this statement.... our platform is a standalone unit - no alignment or hardware assembly on site is required. The machine will be delivered and will perform to our stringent quality checks on site within minutes.

We acknowledge that our platform typically comes in more expensive than others in this category but we view it a full professional system within its price range and we do not compromise on the system design. Machining / cycle times can be thrashed with increased feed rates without compromising the quality of the machined part.

The video below shows our stated repeatability down to 0.02mm. The efficient transmission of torque via ball-screws through our stiff frame maintains the repeatability during cutting operations at high feed rates. Repeatability values as you all know must be translated into cutting operations for stated accuracies to prevail in practice. A dial gauge does not challenge the gantry stiffness it merely gives an indication of the drive and gantry efficiency.

The following clip shows an engraving toolpath onto a piece of Oak for a sign - the machining time was sub 10 minutes and could be reduced further - again feel free for more proof

As part of our service to date in Ireland our focus is on supporting the technology and helping the knowledge grow. We prefer to discuss projects with customers to help specify the specific machine performance requirements. We also like to follow up with progress and help as best we can. As an example Woodelo make Ash bike frames (see out testimonials section on the site) using our machine system for full 3D work and JBEC helped build and design a rig for assembling the frames as well as the machine installation. We prefer to deliver and commission in person and get to know our customers - we intend on continuing in this light in the UK - we do also offer a courier / pick up delivery service if required.

We also offer a range of retro fit solutions for small and medium stepper solutions as well as bigger more powerful servo conversions. More details and case studies will appear on our site as it is still under development. As part of our retro fit and machine building experience we have extensive knowledge in control electronics. Many of you I'm sure are aware of some of the limitations associated with LPT printer port machine control commonly via Mach3... Certain PC's can generate poor performance on exactly the same hardware. Artsoft and Mach3 have done an amazing job getting Mach to work on such a wide range of hardware systems.

Therefore we currently offer a USB controller as an optional upgrade for 70-80£ (ex works) which transforms the machine for full high speed 3D performance on almost any PC running Mach3 - demonstrations of this will be available soon.

We are also working on one aspect of our machine where out platform stiffness can really be demonstrated. Cutting aluminium and light metals is a topic that is often dropped into performance specs but rarely demonstrated in my opinion. We hope to have a full demo of our machine milling aluminium samples as soon as we can.

We also offer extras such as
    High speed spindles
    4th axis
    Tangential/Oscillating knife
    Mist coolant delivery systems
    Auto zero probe installations

If you have any questions regarding the platform or anything that appears on our website please don't hesitate to contact us. We welcome and encourage any feedback/requests/performance challenges

Lastly - more of a question to the wider CNC community I hope to reach out to on this site - is there an event/medium through which we could have a stand and demonstrate the machine to it can be seen locally in the flesh - a picture and video can only communicate so much?

Hi Rory,

You've made a Neat looking machine with plenty of thought and experience gone into it but how much is it.!!! . . You forgot that bit.!
    Others will be interested to know has am I. ?

Dean.

Dean,
    Old but true saying.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it "

John S -

The original posting said sub 10K euros, but did not specify machine specifications. G.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Dean,
    Old but true saying.

"If you have to ask you can't afford it "

I was asking for you John. . .

Quote Originally Posted by GEOFFREY View Post
    The original posting said sub 10K euros, but did not specify machine specifications. G.
    £9,999 is Sub 10K.!! . . . Personally I like to know and sure has would others a No bull shit Firm price of standard Stepper driven Machine. With or without spindle.!!

By standard I mean complete with fully working control box (with or without PC) and machine with limit switch's, home switches.
    Things like Probes, 4th axis etc are considered extra's IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I was asking for you John. . .

Sorry I'm skint , just bought two of the new Nexus 7 tablets, awesome graphics, now gotta sort out how to run this Beaver mill off it ?
    John S -

So now you have your feet under the table do forum members get a 90% discount ?

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    So now you have your feet under the table do forum members get a 90% discount ?
    That’s an outrageous suggestion John , be realistic please .. 6 months trial to buy would be much more sensible!

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    That’s an outrageous suggestion John , be realistic please .. 6 months trial to buy would be much more sensible!
    Both of those are in the T's and C's in our business plan lads - read the small print

Please do not forget extra special discount for O A P's. G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information