Hi all ..Just started a conversion on a late model Boxford TUD lathe ..(bought 2-3 years ago) I chose this lathe specifically because it is as standard a simple lathe , No powered feeds or gearbox .. Any way I am a Boiler engineer by trade ( Power stations , large plant ) I have been fully coded , vast fabrication and welding history .. structural , plant and conveyor design and generally a good allrounder . I suppose one of those people that can be good at anything .. listing my attributes would be a little boring and seemingly boastful which I am not . Well I have started on this forum to offer my experience and knowledge (possibly hands on time ) has I have sort of kicked back a little ,, And hopefully gain a little more knowledge from other members ..

A friend recently said a good line that seems fitting Knowledge not shared is knowledge wasted..

If I can I will , If I can't its expensive..

Welcome aboard Stu and visa versa on the help ;-)
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Lives in Nottingham, England, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,943. Received thanks 126 times, giving thanks to others 44 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Good God - another one from Nottingham.

Must be something in the water..................
    John S -

hi, i was going to say im new around here and they area friendly bunch, you know newbies together, but your waaayyy out there