. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi dudz
    I only had a look @ the Elliot as i bought a new Emcomat 7L about 30 years ago,desperately wanted the the V10 but way out of my price range @ the time, my user manual includes the Emcomat 7 & the Maximat V10, if you have a look @ the support bracket @ the end of the bed you will notice it seems long, this is because there should be a feed shaft below the leadscrew(the one with the handwheel) the machine looks like it's has had a rough life and without the feed screw being present the operator will more than likely have been using the laedscrew for feeding the saddle so could be well worn if it was in better condition it would have been a nice machine & the vertical column is very handy, i have one on mine and can do light milling & gear cutting. You could check to see if spare are still available.
    Last edited by mekanik; 19-08-2013 at 11:49 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    The first two were jokes anyway. Couldnnt belive they seriously wanted money for them. Second one looks like a converted clothes mangle.
    3 axis CNC/router / Alu profile frame....25mm Alu Cutting bed X=500mm Y=300mm Z=110mm.....Supported 25mm X rails ....Supported 20mm Y rails....Supported 20mm Z rails.....2.2kw Chinese WC spindle..... CSLAB CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller....M542 Drivers..SY60STH86-3008BF Motors...running....Mach3 / Cambam / Emachineshop.

Quote Originally Posted by dudz View Post
    The first two were jokes anyway. Couldnnt belive they seriously wanted money for them. Second one looks like a converted clothes mangle.
    Bit harsh there Dudz. Second one is more like an instrument lathe, used by e.g. clockmakers etc for small precision parts. Almost always used with collets rather than chucks. Not familiar with the name Jenny but it looks like it might once have been a decent machine, and the collet closer (to the left of the headstock) might be worth a bit to someone as a spare. Seems to be also missing a countershaft to go between motor and the flat pulley headstock. Anyway, it's not the type of thing you want.

First one is probably a second operation lathe - very short bed. Looks solid as a solid thing, but very old. Worth something maybe to the right buyer (not you IMO) but not a lot.

Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I have just been offered a lathe in exchange for my bike. I Kid you not, this is the lathe he is offering !
    Tour parallele sculfort grosse capacité Équipements Industriels Nord - leboncoin.fr

I think maybe a little to large for my projects.
    3 axis CNC/router / Alu profile frame....25mm Alu Cutting bed X=500mm Y=300mm Z=110mm.....Supported 25mm X rails ....Supported 20mm Y rails....Supported 20mm Z rails.....2.2kw Chinese WC spindle..... CSLAB CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller....M542 Drivers..SY60STH86-3008BF Motors...running....Mach3 / Cambam / Emachineshop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information