. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Oh forgot to mention it only has a 25mm hole through the spindle which can be a limiting factor? also the tailstock suffer from wear apart from that they are solid
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Check out Page Title

The yahoo group linked at the bottom is mine and very few in the uk have joined?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    3 axis CNC/router / Alu profile frame....25mm Alu Cutting bed X=500mm Y=300mm Z=110mm.....Supported 25mm X rails ....Supported 20mm Y rails....Supported 20mm Z rails.....2.2kw Chinese WC spindle..... CSLAB CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller....M542 Drivers..SY60STH86-3008BF Motors...running....Mach3 / Cambam / Emachineshop.

Of those three the second (Star) lathe looks by far the nicest - most pricey too of course.

The first on your list is a generic Chinese hobby lathe - 125 kg, so a step up from a C3 but still no comparison to the big boys in the other links. Available from several sellers no doubt, for much the same price. For just a bit more money you could get the (heavier) Arc version with tooling bundle:

Model Super C6 Lathe - Arc Euro Trade

but it's twice your budget anyway...

You may be pushing it to get anything decent for 500 euros - maybe a plain turning lathe (without screwcutting capacity) perhaps? Or something very knackered. Or you might have to just get lucky (personal connections/putting word around locally might find you the best deal - I'm sure most sales don't get advertised.)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bikepete For This Useful Post:

I would go snatch that Star up before it's gone, thats a very nice and capable Lathe for that money.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I would go snatch that Star up before it's gone, thats a very nice and capable Lathe for that money.
    Well he is a 10 hour drive from me, but I have made him the best offer I can (A 2004 GasGas txt pro trials bike) but I am not holding my breath !!
    3 axis CNC/router / Alu profile frame....25mm Alu Cutting bed X=500mm Y=300mm Z=110mm.....Supported 25mm X rails ....Supported 20mm Y rails....Supported 20mm Z rails.....2.2kw Chinese WC spindle..... CSLAB CSMIO/IP-M 4-axis Ethernet Motion Controller....M542 Drivers..SY60STH86-3008BF Motors...running....Mach3 / Cambam / Emachineshop.

Quote Originally Posted by dudz View Post
    Well he is a 10 hour drive from me, but I have made him the best offer I can (A 2004 GasGas txt pro trials bike) but I am not holding my breath !!
    Nice Bike (Got 2011 280 Beta factory myself) and worth little more than the Lathe so if he's into bikes he'll take you upon it, I would anyway.!

Bloody hell that Emco's cheap It's almost worth a trip to France.!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information