. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal View Post
    Another question - as shown in the diagram here, will it be okay to take the +5v from the PS into a 13amp terminal block and distribute the power to the BOB and the drivers from there? I can't see why it wouldn't, but there's the duncery kicking in again...
    Yep that will be fine.!!

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Hello again.

Sorry to resurrect an old topic - I've been working away from home for a while and am just catching up a bit with bits and pieces of the build. Since my last post, I've come across some instructions for the drivers I'm using, but they're in German - although I think it's probably fairly straightforward to decipher the diagrams if you know what you're looking at.

I've attached a couple of images - one is of the German instructions and the other of the LinuxCNC Stepper Mill config window - the bit I'm concerned with is the "Driver Timing Settings" section.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	German_Instructions_DQ860MA.png 
Views:	568 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	10278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-LinuxCNC Stepper Mill Configuration.png 
Views:	657 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	10279

I'm led to believe that the German instructions pertain to the "Driver Timing Settings" and this is how the text translates:

Schrittimpuls = Step Pulse

Richtungssignal = Direction Signal

Freigabesignal = Enable Signal

My motors work with the default settings - indeed, they work with a load of different settings, but since this info comes from a German manual distributed by a vendor, it's probably more likely to be correct, rather than me mashing in a load of numbers...

So, based on the diagrams, am I correct in thinking that:

Step Time = 1000
    Step Space = 2500
    Direction Hold = 2500
    Direction Setup = 1000

Any thoughts?

Wal.

Wal I think you will find if you just use 5000 in each of the boxes it will be fine ...Clive

Clive is correct, but if lower values work then your maximum step frequency can be set higher.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Cheers guys - thanks (as ever) for the info!

Wal.

Thanks for posting this wal.
    I bought 6 of the same drives recently and received two of those bobs in with em.
    Almost a year on hows the bob doing?i dismissed using them after reading a bit of neg feedback but im about to try and wire up my mill so i might give them ago,
    Last edited by dazza; 09-06-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Hi deisel,

No problems at all from the drivers or the BOB - the only time I've had a missed step (on one axis) is when I think I may have been feeding too high and spinning too slow on a heavier than usual cut. Other than that everything's worked well with no problems at all. I think Jonathan's used this gear in the past, as has Clive S - both have no doubt moved on to more advanced kit, but for my purposes this gear works well.

Wal.

Hi deisel, Wal,

For what it's worth I've also just received this simple BoB with the DQ860MA drivers. Little way off setting it all up but will let you know how I get on if I decide to use it.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information