. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks I tried that and got close but maybe I missed something out as I just can't do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Thanks I tried that and got close but maybe I missed something out as I just can't do it lol
    D. . . I can do it no problem but trying to explain so you can repeat is the hard part.!! . . .There's a few ways but this is easiest I think to explain.

This way is pretty much the same as Dan's just different.!! .. Lol

First start a new part.
    Create a sketch on front plane to use has a reference sketch. With the dimensions like in pic1

Then from sheet metal select Base Flange/Tab and select front plane. Using convert entity select the rectangle from reference sketch.
    Click Ok and the select the thickness etc you want.

Next select Sketch bend, select the rear face of the Base flange you created. Then using convert entity select the bed line and click ok.
    Now click above the line to create fixed face, Now select outside bend position then enter 68.93deg in angle box.
    Click Ok and hey presto it's bent.

Next select extruded cut and select face on Top piece of bend. Then using convert entity select circle and click ok.
    Now in direction 1 choose through all and select flip side to cut. Click side 2 then click ok and Hey presto there's your part which can be flattened if needed.

Hope this makes sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	9738  

Ahhh I will give it another go!

Jazz that file I sent you earlier may not work because I've just opened it on my laptop and I'm a couple bits missing lol but I'm making headway with solidworks

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Ahhh I will give it another go!

Jazz that file I sent you earlier may not work because I've just opened it on my laptop and I'm a couple bits missing lol but I'm making headway with solidworks
    Yes I've just looked and only screws show. . LOL . . . .It's because it's an assembly and you didn't include the components.
    I opened in viewer so can see it and will look closer but in mean time if you create another then send me the components.

Haha oops!

New file sent lol

removed xxxx
    Last edited by vargai; 06-12-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: adding info to it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information