. .
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    3 NM steppers from Zappautomation coupled with AM882 drivers , driven by 650w Toroidal Psu at 70VDC / 2×50v rectified by power regulator board with 4 big capacitors that gives 70VDC at the output/.
    Old Dell PC 2.8Ghz with 512 Ram, stripped reworked and hacked to be extremely light and fast + stable version of Windows Server 2003, 25khz Mach3, 1/8 microstepping, 4.2A motor selected by jumpers on AM882.
    Deflection at any part of the machine at any direction less than 0.00mm under 100kg load/me/
    20t HTD 5M Pulleys, 270mm belts 15mm wide. 1610 screws on all axis, 1605 on Z, 1:1,
    Velocity 10m per minute,acceleration 800 at the motor tuning in Mach 3.
    Temperature of motors at X and A 55 Celsius, at Y and Z 35 Celsius, when here 30 Celsius.
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 11-08-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Yes, Dean and Johnathan are the guilty ones that all went that good. Not only them but all who criticized the initial design and followed the build which inspired me when I was tired. Great Forum. I bow to all the wisdom here.

Once again, brilliant. Not one of the advisors, but an enthusiastic onlooker!!! G.

Wow congrats Silyavksi that's a great looking machine!
    If I may ask: Was it very difficult to align the top and bottom rails to get them parallel in the Z direction? Did you just epoxy cast the top and then bottom from the same level surface and the two rails were aligned or did you have to perform other magic tricks as well?
    Last edited by mitchejc; 11-08-2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mitchejc View Post
    Wow congrats Silyavksi that's a great looking machine!
    If I may ask: Was it very difficult to align the top and bottom rails to get them parallel in the Z direction? Did you just epoxy cast the top and then bottom from the same level surface and the two rails were aligned or did you have to perform other magic tricks as well?

Thanks!
    read please post #93 , point 1 to 4, especially 4

It was a lot of thinking but once i figured the correct steps how to do it, it was easy. You will need a straight edge though, long enough that can lay on both long axis rails perpendicular. + Big enough square. Without that its not possible to align the machine correctly. Both can be obtained for around 100euro and this is money well spend. the links are somewhere in the thread.

silyavski, this is a very impressive build. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful build, and a lot of great info. Congrats on the final outcome. Must have been hard to part with it :).
    Thanks again for sharing.

Hi Silyavski,

I see you have used HTD pulleys and belts on your machine. Did you get those from Zapp?
    Also I see they do key cutting which makes it easy to mount the pulley to the servo but how did you mount the pulleys on to the ballscrew. I know its a newbie question but that is what I am. I am thinking to use 3 to 1 reduction and trying to figure it out. Also do you need any special machining for the ballscrews when using pulleys? HTD belts are a good option for me as they are rated to -25 Celsius.

Thanks,
    Vass

Hi,
    All pulleys and belts are from beltingonline.com
    Nothing special, ball screws machined normally. 2 grub screws on pulley. A drop of instant glue on the shaft. If I was doing it for myself i would file or drill the shaft where the grub screws are. Now it's more forgiving for mistakes

On the big machine I am building now for myself I use only aluminum pulleys as it would be geared 20:30 t and the rotating nut is heavy so I don't want to have too high inertia. These I bought from China as here prices are prohibitive. Aliexpress.

Normally you don't need any special machining given that the motor plate is not thicker than 10mm.
    On the Z however is good idea not to make it too strong especially if geared for some reason. Cause hitting the bed can do some damage especially with strong motor.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am thinking 3 to 1 on X and Y and 2 to 1 on Z as my Spindle will be large about 15 kg. I see they offer grub screw and key cutting service as well so will have key cutting on the servo side and grub screws on the ballscrew.
    I understand from your info given ( 20:30) that you calculate the gearing ratio by the tooth count?

I see you are using on your new machine the west systems 105+209 wich I know is ideal for this application the only problem beeing that here in the uk the weather isn't ideal :) Do you think I will be ok with the 105+207 or 206?

Thanks again,
    Vass

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information