. .
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Waiting for the square rails and ballscrews purchace, made me play again with the design. Decided to stuff all the electronics inside the body. Due to various reasons like avoiding
    10 Neutric connectors sticking out at the back, cables, enclosure and so on. mainly because i live at the seaside so connections always give me trouble and i have to glue my connections with hot glue.

Decided also to make the structure from 60x60 4mm at the important places and 3mm at the no so important. But what ever i did i couldn't figure placing diagonals so i finished with rigid square design and 100kg structure. more or less 18meters of steel. I think i overbuild it a bit.

Another decision was to make the bed deep enough so there is no need to change spindle position. Instead a wood bed would be fitted so the spindle works at normal position and only when necessary to remove the wood bed, not move the bed of the machine or anything.

Hope that structure is strong enough, cause tomorrow will order the steel.

Attachment 9945Attachment 9946

If somebody sees something wrong, please tell me until is time, he he.
    Hi Boyan
    My name is Iman and I want to design a gantry CNC. but i dont have enough data. is it possible to send me your cad design? and introduse some reference about design cnc gantry?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImanGH View Post
    Hi Boyan
    My name is Iman and I want to design a gantry CNC. but i dont have enough data. is it possible to send me your cad design? and introduse some reference about design cnc gantry?
    Thanks
    the design is free in the open source section of forum

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6979-...Machine-Design

About reference? Start your own build log thread, ask there questions, people will help you. Without knowing what you need, seeing your particular design drawing, working area, materials to be used, what is the main purpose of machine, knowing how much money you are going to spend, nobody could give you a good advice
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Hi Boyan
    Thanks
    Oh Boyan while your at it could you also tell him all your parts suppliers and phone numbers also how many meters of Mig wire and how much Gas you used.

Infact why not sit down and make full inventory of every small detail and give detailed pictures.?? . . . . Oh silly me you have.!! . . It's Here in this thread I just can't be arsed to bloody read.

Iman stop being Lazy and expecting everything handed on plate. Do some reading like all the others with successful builds have done.

Hi Iman,

Welcome to the forum. If you are just starting out then have a look here - it shows some of the finished machines built by forum members:

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10066...s-picture-menu
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Hi Boyan.
    I have a question about rotating bull nut. when we use this method how fix and install the screw in table?
    thank's

Hi Boyan.
    I have a question about rotating bull nut. when we use this method how fix and install the screw in table?
    thank's
    On first picture bellow you see the support, welded from 10mm steel. This is same both sides. Pink part is M20x1 thread for locknuts at the end of the ball screw. The mount hole is wider so when gantry moved by hand to each end by 2 people rotating the nuts
    the screw could center itself. Then tighten. 2 locknuts each end. 8 in total.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotating ball nut 4.PNG 
Views:	361 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	19109

these pictures below i send before time to sb, they are for better illustration of all assembly

Name:	rotating ball nut 2.PNG 
Views:	468 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	19107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotating ball nut 3.PNG 
Views:	469 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	19108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotating ball nut.PNG 
Views:	622 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	19110

Hi dear
    I want to design and then building a industrial CNC. the aim of design is milling Aluminum and moving axis must have
    2500mm X axis - 2000mm Y axis and 600mm Z axis.
    for this condition i start to design a cnc machine. this is a initial design and i have must better my design.

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	660 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	19116

I have some question. please answer me.
    1- because X and Y axis is long I used rotary bull nut. for this condition I design a rotary bull nut mechanism. is it important to use Super-precision angular contact ball bearings: High-speed for example 7015 or typical angular contact in good for this mechanism. It's notice that MY cnc machine is used for milling AL and i want to build it.
    2-if the rotary speed of Spindle motor is 6000 rpm how design my cnc that vibration of this is minimum. how simulation I do in software? for example Harmonic response? and what the condition of analysis?
    3- because i want to build this what's the important notice in design and assembly of the part?
    Thank's

Hi Iman,

Best to start a new build thread for your design questions.

Have you built a cnc machine before, or have other building experience? 2500x2000x600 is a very large machine, especially for machining aluminium. Machining aluminium requires a stiff machine and having 600mm Z travel makes that very difficult, especially with a single gantry and large overhang.

1- I've not used rotating ballnut design but the stiffness of the axis is dependent on the AC bearing stiffness/quality so it will be a factor.

2- The simplest analysis to perform is to work out the stiffness at the collet in the X Y Z directions. The axes have to be locked in some way to stop them sliding when you do the analysis. 10-20 N/um (Newtons per micrometer) would be considered a very stiff / commercial machine. You need to apply 1N at the collet and get the software to work out the displacement. I don't think what you have drawn will come anywhere near that value.

3- Design and assembly. Make sure it can be built in a particular order so you can access the bolts as you build it. It is easy to design a set of parts which can't be put together especially if bearing blocks are near each other for Y and Z axes. Also, make sure you have slotted holes and adjustment in multiple planes. Assume the stock you buy will not be flat or straight or free from twist (although aluminium ecocast / tooling plate should be pretty good).

To give you some idea of commercial machines, here is the Mori Seki. Look through the pdf file and note the travel (way less than your dimensions), and note the weight.

Name:	machine.jpg 
Views:	7988 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	19120

Name:	mori_mc.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	19121

pdf:
    pm0uk13-nmv5080-pdf-data.zip

Also have a look at this thread :
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/9809-...zed-CNC-router
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Hi dear
    I want to design and then building a industrial CNC. the aim of design is milling Aluminum and moving axis must have
    2500mm X axis - 2000mm Y axis and 600mm Z axis.
    for this condition i start to design a cnc machine. this is a initial design and i have must better my design.

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	660 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	19116

I have some question. please answer me.
    1- because X and Y axis is long I used rotary bull nut. for this condition I design a rotary bull nut mechanism. is it important to use Super-precision angular contact ball bearings: High-speed for example 7015 or typical angular contact in good for this mechanism. It's notice that MY cnc machine is used for milling AL and i want to build it.
    2-if the rotary speed of Spindle motor is 6000 rpm how design my cnc that vibration of this is minimum. how simulation I do in software? for example Harmonic response? and what the condition of analysis?
    3- because i want to build this what's the important notice in design and assembly of the part?
    Thank's

i will not lie to you. If you have mechanical questions how to make 600mm Z axis strong and this is your first build, better contract me or sb from forum to design you the machine. You will make mistakes, that's reality. It takes much more planning to make a perfect machine, and to tell you the truth common sense is much more better than simulation software

So either make your own build log where people help you for free, or contract sb to design you the machine, at the end it would be much cheaper, as every mistake there is very costly.

It's a dead giveaway - that email was meant for his wife, ..."Hi dear". But it was sent here by mistake.

Honestly, my wife would just say, build it with whatever x axis you want Love, you know best 😉
    Last edited by CharlesJenkinson; 02-09-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information