. .
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Nice looking machine but the eye is drawn to those brackets from the gantry to the X ball nuts. I know from your posts that you will have made sure these are correct but I have to say they look flimsy in comparison to the rest of the machine.
    On the photos maybe so, but in real life they look normal. Furthermore the actual distance where they are not attached to something is very very short, so they are reinforced by the ball screw nut and the gantry.

Now i want to say it:
    The machine is ready and running

Thanks to all who helped and all who watched the progress.

I would like to write soon a more detailed final conclusions, as these days again learned many things.

But for now i would say that i am extremely happy with the result.

Now about the final accuracy i achieved. Today i run it for first time cutting. My typical starting test is 25mm OD circle in 50mm square

Pictures speak better than words but lets say that all the careful fiddling payed itself and the final/accumulated/ accuracy of the machine without any compensation on mach 3 motor tuning and so is 0.01-0.02mm or less , having in mind that the digital caliper measuring may be not perfect. As you can see perfect super clean circle cut. No mismatch or whatsoever.
    PS.The bed is 5cm thick so the Z at the test was extended at its lowest point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	4488 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	12773 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	736 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	12774 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	4321 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	12776 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	654 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	12777

All motors are tuned at 8m/min but i believe it can do much much more. I will test it further when on the floor, cause its quite dangerous now to move very fast, the supports flex like crazy.

After 1h of continuing run/ i am surfacing the 10mm plastic bed i fitted over 50mm wood and composite board/ the motor temperature at Y and A/the gantry motors/ is 55C and the X and Z motors is 35C . Its 24C outside.

Soon will post video and some further notes .

Thanks again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	482 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	12775  
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 14-07-2014 at 05:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Well done. :)

Hi Boyan,

Just seen your Pm. Sorry not been watching your thread so much as I tend to not to drop in much on those who are experienced or getting along good.

Well you certainly have progressed buddy and done an absolutely cracking job my friend. Looks excellent withTank like strength. . . . . Health and safety will like that colour scheme certainly won't miss it . . Lol

Look forward to seeing video..!! . . . . . WELL DONE.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Excellent. Really nice build. Well done..!

Wal.

Excellant Machine buddy, a real credit to you.

I am very jealous.

keep us posted with all the things you make on it!.

Cracking build thread, really solid well built machine and an inspiration...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 18 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Buddy
    Excellent build and well worth the time and patience you put into its construction.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    On the photos maybe so, but in real life they look normal. Furthermore the actual distance where they are not attached to something is very very short, so they are reinforced by the ball screw nut and the gantry.
    I knew you would have got them right, excellent machine and accurate too, just as you intended, spot on.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Just installed it at its new home. The precision continues to surprise me. Instead of accumulating, all small imprecision neutralized each other, may be pure luck but still under 0.01 -0.03mm, it seems i can not measure it properly without introducing error. No need though, i am happy.

Surfacing aluminum resulted in glass like surface, small marks are not seen by naked eye and scratch test with fingernail leave impression of trying to scratch glass.

The C23 Bob works like a charm. But the integrated spindle control is erratic. I supply it with 12v stable voltage and it plays the output to spindle with 0.2v witch translates +-200rpm, which makes the spindle sound annoying. Will contact the maker. As i see it i will change the small pot with a big one external, in the hope to cure this problem. All PSUs i use are overrated at least by 100% and brand ones, so may be its the pot.

Next machine - no Flimsy: 8 wire alarm cables, connectors to box, 1 component paint.

The 0.8kw spindle seems now/ as i knew from the beginning/ way underrated. This baby deserves 3kw one and will be called - The Reaper :-). I am boasting :-)
    But for its purpose is ideal.

Here is a video of it working. Unfortunately i forgot to make video when it was slicing aluminum and took it when we were testing some 3D jobs. I am surprised from RhinoCam, quite capable and i was able to figure in a minute how to program the 3d job.

A little noisy video, but i wanted to be heard what sound it makes. If i dont forget in a week or 2 will be making some aluminum parts there, so will make another one.

Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 11-08-2014 at 06:59 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

I have no words
    Excellent job
    And one more time i want to say that Deans help , your ideas (about frame),Jonathans calculator, and Eddys suggestions drive me along this long trip that called cnc building. Thanks again.
    One question
    Are you using servos or steppers?

Thanks
    Vagelis
    The creative adult, is the child who survived

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information