Quote Originally Posted by HipoPapi View Post
Hi,

I understand from your info given ( 20:30) that you calculate the gearing ratio by the tooth count?
Vass
Yes, cause 1:2 , 1:3 or whatever seems not to reflect reality , misleads the mind. The reality is that 16t is the smallest one and geared 1:3 means 48t for the second one which is in fact 75.25mm in diameter and at 100mm separated center from center they have only 6t in mesh. So imagine the inertia if from steel. Even from aluminum.

I assume you will be using servos. So the encoder count + ballscrew pitch will dictate your gearing, as it will determine resolution, max speed of the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by HipoPapi View Post
I see you are using on your new machine the west systems 105+209 which I know is ideal for this application the only problem being that here in the uk the weather isn't ideal :) Do you think I will be ok with the 105+207 or 206?

Thanks again,
No, it will be a problem. Its not only the time, the faster it cures the more heat generates, the more it distorts. Whats the problem with the weather in UK? humidity is not a problem if its not raining directly on it. And where i live its much more humid.