Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
Waiting for the square rails and ballscrews purchace, made me play again with the design. Decided to stuff all the electronics inside the body. Due to various reasons like avoiding
10 Neutric connectors sticking out at the back, cables, enclosure and so on. mainly because i live at the seaside so connections always give me trouble and i have to glue my connections with hot glue.

Decided also to make the structure from 60x60 4mm at the important places and 3mm at the no so important. But what ever i did i couldn't figure placing diagonals so i finished with rigid square design and 100kg structure. more or less 18meters of steel. I think i overbuild it a bit.

Another decision was to make the bed deep enough so there is no need to change spindle position. Instead a wood bed would be fitted so the spindle works at normal position and only when necessary to remove the wood bed, not move the bed of the machine or anything.

Hope that structure is strong enough, cause tomorrow will order the steel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc 140x80 gantry 60x60  profile 2.jpg 
Views:	1687 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	9945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc 140x80 gantry 60x60  profile.jpg 
Views:	6052 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	9946

If somebody sees something wrong, please tell me until is time, he he.
Hi Boyan
My name is Iman and I want to design a gantry CNC. but i dont have enough data. is it possible to send me your cad design? and introduse some reference about design cnc gantry?
Thanks