. .
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks a lot guys!

Yes 300ipm / 8mpm/ is the speed i aim considering the tooling/price and the spindle speeds.

8 microsteping was what i had in mind. I have tested the PC upto 100Mhz as far as i remeber and it was Ok. With other BOB, but i assume will run with this also.

Anyways i will make to files for Mach3, one for 100ipm and one for 300ipm, as the guy is new to this, so at first untill he is aware what he is doing...

On my small commercial machine the z steps in mach3 was set to 10000? this is quite high micro stepping, thats why i wondered, on the other axis is 8 microstepping. reverse calculating it the microstepping in z is 256, i am not quite sure now for the 10000 but it was ridiculously high.

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    8 microsteping was what i had in mind. I have tested the PC upto 100Mhz as far as i remeber and it was Ok. With other BOB, but i assume will run with this also.
    Don't run that high thou otherwise high chance of troubles. Only set the Kernal speed high has needed and no more. 25Khz is the best and every increase above increases chances of trouble. Wouldn't go above 60khz no matter what driver test says or PC thinks it can do.!!
    If you need that high pulse rate then buy motion control card, in fact I'd buy one anyway if you want the best performance from machine.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Hi guys,
    thanks to all for the valuable inputs.

For now i have to wait until they cut with laser the pieces, so i can proceed further.

Meanwhile as a thanks to all for the help , here is the Sketchup file/its in winrar format for easier transfer/. So anyone who wants can use it as it is, use parts of it or just use the components or table drawings. Before ordering the laser cut parts i revised it piece by piece and against the ballscrews, housings, etc. So all small errors are fixed. It cost me a whole day to rework it precisely. The empty spaces are for epoxy, there are some clearances where necessary. The machine has work area of 400x1000x200 . Any questions are welcome if you have something that is not clear. The main point being here is that the machine is completely scaleable up to the limit of the ballscrews or with minor adjustments even up to 4x8 , this without changing the type or thickness of the profile. Other main point is that the drawing is final drawing, no need for correction before real assembly, however there are some steps to be followed, but easy to figure when playing and simulating the actual assembly. If by channce there is a small error i will fix it right away in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc 100x100x3 profile x400y1000z200.jpg 
Views:	1808 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	10608

So enjoy it and thanks again. Will update when i have more to show.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Hi Silyavski,

Thank you very much for putting your sketchup files up for everyone. I am in the process of designing a new machine and learning sketchup so your files will be a big help! :)

What sort of rough price does the laser cutting cost?

Looking forward to seeing your machine come to life!

I dont understand something
    The cncrouter will have legs down to ground or the cnc on the left of your scetchup will be put on the white table

Hi there,
    The table on the right is if sb wants to upscale it to 1000x1500 or similar,with small adjustments, using the gantry from the left. On the left is the complete machine 400x1000 which i am building now.

Furthermore have in mind the gantry can be simplified removing the raise sides if intended mainly for aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by cncJim View Post
    What sort of rough price does the laser cutting cost?
    I ordered them in my country/ Bulgaria/ and they cost there 250 euro. + 50 for a guy to bring them when he is coming back from there in 2 weeks.

Here in Spain, the price would have been outrageous.

Anyways, its a lot of metal. I don't have the means here, that's why i preferred laser cut. But in fact if you can cut and drill and have spare time, they are quite simple to produce at home.

Now i am designing my next build and definitely will try to lower the number of parts.

Let me ask something
    I am planning my cnc 1500X1000 and i am very close to these plans
    Is it better to weld everything together or make seperately the base and then the cnc machine that will "sit" on the table. I am asking because if i weld evertything together my construction will be very heavy ( difficult moved even by 3 or 4 people )
    What is better
    Solution 1
    one unique construction ( both table and cnc together ) or

Solution 2
    two seperate constructions( the cnc and the table). Will this second solution have stiffnees issues ?

Thanks for your time

By mistake i upload the same reply two times. Sorry
    Last edited by ba99297; 09-12-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ba99297 View Post
    Let me ask something
    I am planning my cnc 1500X1000 and i am very close to these plans
    Is it better to weld everything together or make seperately the base and then the cnc machine that will "sit" on the table. I am asking because if i weld evertything together my construction will be very heavy ( difficult moved even by 3 or 4 people )
    What is better
    Solution 1
    one unique construction ( both table and cnc together ) or

Solution 2
    two seperate constructions( the cnc and the table). Will this second solution have stiffnees issues ?

Thanks for your time
    Hi,

I personally chose solution 1, welded together. I prefer playing with additional fixtures, instead raising, lowering the bed.

Other people here on the forum however choose solution 2 . There will not be stiffness issues.

At the end is up to you. Now i am building another 1250x2500 and i also have the same doubts as it will weight considerably. Its worth noting that if not welded together, possibly you will have to use some more beams and at the end it will weight even more. For my 1250x2500 i am contemplating making a hybrid, half of the bed welded, half removable.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information