. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Fun fact - if you have solar panels on the roof the mains voltage in your house will rise a little on a sunny day. I've noticed this effect after putting 1.14kWp of panels on the shed adjacent to my workshop...
    Another Fun fact- If you live next to Electric sub station Like me then you get free Elecy. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Fun fact - if you have solar panels on the roof the mains voltage in your house will rise a little on a sunny day. I've noticed this effect after putting 1.14kWp of panels on the shed adjacent to my workshop...
    Came on Jonathan,
    for me enough that I know what is the AC and DC
    and now you pushing me to learn what is the "kWp", let me first finish the PSU
    btw. it's not my house

3. Fun fact #3: the actual voltage you get will depend on how far you are from the substation, further away will be lower, and will drop during ad breaks on tv :)

I shall be watching this with interest as I'll be wanting to make a power supply for my router and am not very electrically minded.

All I know is you can't smell it (unless after and there's that burning smell...) you can't see it and that if (when you're small) your toy train set doesn't work don't go testing your shiny new mains transformer like you used to with your 9V battery controlled one (to see if the batteries were on their way out) and lick the wires........
    Neil...

Build log...here

Jonathan, is the 63V capacitor rating high enough ?

Edit: Sorry I just saw this was addressed further on in the thread
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 06-09-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information