. .
    Some advice is needed.
    I’ve have managed to produce a schematic for my cnc router (with lots of help) which has the usual power supplies, drives, limits & home switches, spindle on/off, coolant pump control, etc.

My question, does anyone have some simple guidelines that I can try to follow to produce a wiring layout diagram for the control cabinet.

I’m assuming that its good practice to separate power and signal wires, but what if you have a 70 & 24 volt supply.

Are there particular places within a cabinet where pieces of equipment should be installed, such as transformers due to the heat they generate?

What about bus bars, can they be used for Live, neutral and earth feeds?

I could also do with help on cable sizes and connectors.

Sorry for the many questions but as I slowly progress I come across many more questions

Jim
    Last edited by GTJim; 28-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Basically for cable routing, run power cables along one edge, and signal cables the opposite. Then run at 90degrees to whatever they connect to.

In an ideal world, power and signal (especially low voltage signal) cables should never run close together, but it's near impossible to achieve in practice. Just try and avoid running them together over long lengths.

I usually work on having high voltages at one end/bottom, and reducing as I go across/up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Thread Information