. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Just a note perhaps better to remove the email because of spammers and do it via PM instead ..Clive

Hi again

Thanks for tip on spamming. How do i send a PM ?

Ray

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    If you look at the top of the page you will see a link for (My Profile) if you click on that you will find the link to send private message. ..Clive

manofgresley: I'll take some photos later and PM you.

Here's a couple of pictures and a video of the motor running. Note that when increasing the speed, the motor "kicks" in about 2 or 3 spots through the speed range. It doesn't do it when reducing the speed. Not really sure why it does that but it's always been the same from brand new. I'm guessing it's a characteristic of the Chinese copies of the KB boards? It's never caused a problem as the motor runs smoothly if the pot is turned slightly past the "kick" point. Can anyone advise on this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	10091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	280.2 KB 
ID:	10092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	10093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring_diagram.jpg 
Views:	915 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	10094

Last edited by birchy; 13-09-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by birchy View Post
    Note that when increasing the speed, the motor "kicks" in about 2 or 3 spots through the speed range. It doesn't do it when reducing the speed. Not really sure why it does that but it's always been the same from brand new. I'm guessing it's a characteristic of the Chinese copies of the KB boards? It's never caused a problem as the motor runs smoothly if the pot is turned slightly past the "kick" point. Can anyone advise on this?
    Perhaps a faulty pot or dirt on the slider on the pot. ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Perhaps a faulty pot or dirt on the slider on the pot. ..Clive
    The machine has always done that since new...I just assumed it was a "feature" of the Chinese electrics rather than a fault?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information