. .
    Due to a sort out and the realisation I'm not going to get certain projects done I'm selling a Myford CNC lathe already converted to Mach 3

http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk...l10%20cnc1.jpg

Powered by 3/4 Hp 3 phase motor and inverter, 2 Gecko drives fitted.
    It also has the facility to be run in manual mode via two handwheels but that requires a second parallel card in the computer.

Basically just needs a computer and setting Mach up but I don't have the time or inclination to do it.

Looking for £650 firm.
    John S -

Hello John,

A few quick questions about the lathe:

1. When you say 3 phase motor and inverter is that a single phase to three phase converter? Can I run the entire machine from a standard 240V single phase supply?

2. Is the lathe in good working order and the electronics all working and complete? If I plug it into a parallel port on a computer and set it up correctly will it be ready to run?

3. Approximately how much does the lathe weigh (guess to nearest 10kg will do)?

Thank you very much,
    Ian.

[1] Yes.

[2] Yes was all working when taken out but the guy has lost the setup XML file. to use everything, hand wheels etc will need another parallel port and the extra setting up but, and I am honest it's all down to setting up, nothing else other than lathe tools will be needed.

The breakout board was custom made for this and there is no wiring diagram other than it is wired correctly, and neatly on plugs. There is a film with it that was used to get the board etched so this can be used as a simple circuit.

[3] Christ knows, not good at this but it's an easy two man lift. The motor will take off very easy as it's on a plug so no wiring involved.

To be honest i was going to get it set up and run some custom parts on it but life has caught up with me and it means a change of plan.
    I'm asking what it stands me at.
    John S -

Sold. Will PM you shortly to arrange delivery/collection.

Thread Information