Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    You might have read in another thread that I'm having trouble getting my spindle running in Vector Speed mode, I've tried everything so have had to finally contact ABB.
    So what was the outcome.?

  2. #102
    They told me to do what I'd already tried so I've sent more info on parameters and spindle motor data, don't expect a reply for a few days but you never know.

  3. #103
    At last, structural alterations finished to workshop, what a damn mess it makes cutting a doorway through double skin concrete blocks. I've also rearranged the shed layout and there's room for everything now.
    Frame now painted and rail bearing beams mounted. The shims worked okay but if you imagine the Forth Rail Bridge it's a bit like that where the 'humps' are in the gaps between the bolted flanges. Of course when I say humps I'm talking about 0.2mm. Now that's not so bad, but, and it's been said before by others, looking at the ends of the beams they are leaning very slightly out which means the rails and hence linear bearings are also going to lean out. To get things moving I have therefore decided to epoxy the top surface and to just for diversity (and cost) can anyone see a product here Polyester - Standard, Silicone Rubber items in MB-Fibreglass store on eBay! that might fit the bill, I think I need 2 to 3mm max thickness.

    Also more news on the issue with ABB drive + Elte spindle, soon.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 27-01-2014 at 10:36 PM.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Now that's not so bad, but, and it's been said before by others, looking at the ends of the beams they are leaning very slightly out which means the rails and hence linear bearings are also going to lean out.
    Sounds like a persuader is called for...and if the small one doesn't work then get the big one out :)
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    ... To get things moving I have therefore decided to epoxy the top surface and to just for diversity (and cost) can anyone see a product here Polyester - Standard, Silicone Rubber items in MB-Fibreglass store on eBay! that might fit the bill, I think I need 2 to 3mm max thickness.

    Also more news on the issue with ABB drive + Elte spindle, soon.
    Eddy,why experiment if you know what works for sure? West System Epoxy 105/209.
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 28-01-2014 at 12:40 AM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Sounds like a persuader is called for...and if the small one doesn't work then get the big one out :)
    That only works for fitters so I'm thinking about wedging a few screwdrivers in

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Eddy,why experiment if you know what works for sure? West System Epoxy 105/209.
    I know but it's one of those times when I feel an equivalent can be found at much lower cost, I'll think about it today.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I know but it's one of those times when I feel an equivalent can be found at much lower cost, I'll think about it today.
    I'll be looking with interest then.....
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  9. #109
    What about this ?

    Epoxy Resin ideal for fibreglass repair and general use
    Syntac EPAFD Slow Cure Epoxy Resin Pack

  10. #110
    In terms of pot time it looks fine but it doesn't mention anything about the viscosity of the mix. My guess is that the viscosity would be ok but do you really want to risk it for about 20? We know from others experience that West System is almost like water when mixed and will self level in the time it takes to set. Last thing you want is to mix up a big batch of this stuff, pour it on and then watch at it slowly sets with a dirty great lump where you poured it in. Other than that I'd say go for it, I'd certainly be very interested to see if there was a cheaper alternative.

    As a side note, if you don't have them a cheap set of scales is well worth it, the density of the two components is different enough that by volume measurements won't cut it (unless you are going to do the calculation to figure out the correct volumes of course).

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. traveling steady, turning 1/2 bar down over 10".
    By graffian in forum Metalwork Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM
  2. NEW MEMBER: Hello all, finally ready to start a build log.
    By Iwant1 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-12-2012, 05:03 PM
  3. eBay: Boxford 125 TCL Mach3 Ready
    By rnr107 in forum Items On eBay UK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-07-2012, 06:29 AM
  4. Anyone have experience of ready made machines
    By bogstandard in forum Milling Machines, Builds & Conversions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 06:44 PM
  5. Windows 7 RTM Confirmed & Ready !
    By Lee Roberts in forum Computer Software
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •