. .
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    I ordered it from Igus thinking it would be here next day or 2 days most, had I known earlier it would be like this then I'd probably have gone to China for it like you say.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    I ordered it from Igus thinking it would be here next day or 2 days most, had I known earlier it would be like this then I'd probably have gone to China for it like you say.
    I bought two chains from them and they came next day, about one month later I had a visit from a rep and he left me with two books about 40mm thick and sample pieces of chain. ..Clive

There was a time when I used to order hundreds of metres of great big chain and also their flexible cables but times and people(reps) change.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Gave me time to get the fans fitted anyway, something I was not looking forward to but not as bad as I thought. I'll probably fit a thermostat with a remote sensor in the hood.
    Two fans mainly because I already had them but they are 110 Volt so just wired them in series. Made a box with a sliding lid to allow easy replacement of filter medium, the fans are blowing into the panel pulling air through the filter medium. A vent at the top allows heat to escape by convection or forced by the fans, it does not allow crap to enter under gravity.
    The wiring will have to be kept to the back of the panel as much as possible so as not to interfere with air flow.

(just ignore the temporary lashed in wiring)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan1.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	11917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan2.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	11918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fan3.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	11919
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 26-03-2014 at 12:16 PM.

I like that top vent, do you have a source for them?

I'm hoping they come in 80mm square versions. I currently have regular fan filters at the top to stop crud getting in but I think the air flow restriction they cause will be too great so a vent like that would be perfect. The alternative is to fit a couple more fans at the top but that then risks creating a negative pressure in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    I like that top vent, do you have a source for them?
    Home made from an old IKEA metal shelf, sometimes I don't mind a bit of sheet metal working, I was going to use the side cut from an old washing machine, another good source of sheet metal.
    I drew it in Sketchup to get a template for cutting it out of a flat sheet.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 26-03-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Eddy noticed you have wire tags or numbers on your wires where did you get those.? . . . I've looked around but can't find any at sensible money.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 29-03-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Cheers but they only sell letters and I want letters and numbers.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information