. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerman View Post
    I am considering buying another (£441) from KEB - but I am tight and would like a cheaper alternative!\
    Nah don't do that you'll get a small inverter that will do what you want for £100-150 easy.

Let me have a look thru what I have, feel sure I have some that will do this OK.
    John S -

The inverter should be capable of running any 3-phase motor. I don't really understand what ISEL could have done to the inverter other than use standard parameter settings? Are you sure you have the correct user manual? You should be able to "reset to factory defaults" and start again.

I once bought a panel with KEB drives. The local agent said he could download the parameters if I took the drive to him. Unfortunately they had a 3 phase input so I could not use them at home. Any drive of the rated capacity should work. Just check if the motor has a star/delta connection for 220v 3phase input depending on your supply. The v series from Yaskawa are very good and they used to have a plant in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by quickcut View Post
    The local agent said he could download the parameters if I took the drive to him.
    Good thinking. I might get back in touch with the KEB rep and see if he can reverse engineer the menus settings. I know you can connect it to a pc so I might try that too.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerman View Post
    Good thinking. I might get back in touch with the KEB rep and see if he can reverse engineer the menus settings. I know you can connect it to a pc so I might try that too.
    Careful here you can easily wipe the settings back to default or if doing a firmware update screw things up. Before messing Make sure you Wright down all the relevant settings.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Careful here you can easily wipe the settings back to default or if doing a firmware update screw things up. Before messing Make sure you Wright down all the relevant settings.!!
    Already done, I created a document to explain the differences and communicate the values in my inverter to the KEN rep.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Let me have a look thru what I have, feel sure I have some that will do this OK.
    Great - much appreciated.

Thread Information